t w e n t y n i n e

"Hello?"

"Y/n? Are you busy right now?"

Shoto's soft voice made her heart flutter. She felt her cheeks burn and heat up, and she couldn't stop herself from smiling widely.

"Not really, just gonna take the kids back to our apartment and then sleep. Why?"

"Oh. I was gonna ask you if you wanted to eat outside tonight." He asks, his tone sounded unsure.

"Well, we just had dinner. Izuku brought Ochako-chan over, and All Might came as well to see the kids," She let out a giggle.

"Oh, am I too late for dessert?" He joked, and Y/n held back a laugh. She shook her head as if he'd see it.

"Too late. Maybe next time, I'll invite you over."

"I'll hold onto that," He whispers.

Y/n enjoyed the silence. The fact that Shoto was on the other line, calm and collected breaths she could barely hear coming from him, it made her feel comfort just by the sound of his breaths.

"I.. Wanted to ask you some things," He finally said. "I couldn't ask you in person though this is a serious matter,"

"What is it? Is it good or bad?"

"I wouldn't say that it's bad," He chuckled.

"Well... What is it?"

"I'm just... I've been a bit busy lately ever since I--well, you, came back. I prepared everything in advance and you may think that I'm overthinking things and rushing everything but, if you think about it, it'll all come to this eventually," Shoto rambled on, which made her giggle.

"What is it, Shoto? What is it that you're so confident and prepared about, hmmm?" She teased.

"Winning you over." He answered almost so confidently.

Y/n felt her cheeks turn hot all of a sudden. Everything around her suddenly turned hot.

"Shoto..."

"And I've been preparing for us to move in together. Take the kids with you and we'll hire a babysitter. It'll be just us, the kids, you and me. I was planning on moving to a bigger place anyway, and the thought of you living with me just.. I couldn't let that thought go."

"I appreciate all of this Shoto.. But.. Katsurin and Katsuya, they're still his kids." She sadly replied.

"I understand, Y/n. It will always be up to you. But you're welcome to come to me whenever you need me,  I want you to know that."

"Thanks Shoto." She smiled.

"I love you, Y/n. Good night,"

"Good night! Rest well, we have a rough day tomorrow."

"Sleep well to you too." He says and finally hangs up the call.

Y/n didn't even notice the breath she was holding, and that her heart was unnecessarily beating so fast.

She calmed herself down before going back to the living room, where the kids were playing with All Might.

"Peepaw Might, peepaw Might! Can you visit us again tomorrow?! We promise we'll behave!" Katsurin asks as he clung onto All Might's arm.

'Peepaw?' Y/n held back a chuckle.

"Peepaw, let's get some ice cream tomorrow!" Katsuya says and acts cutely, a pout displayed on her lips and her hands clasp together as if she was pleading.

All Might let out a series of laughs, "Of course, kids! I'll visit you both tomorrow and we'll get ice cream. That's a promise." He pats both of their little heads, and their faces lit up.