NO REGRETS

A week had passed since Sierra's return to Paris. Instead of letting herself get caught up in the whirlwind of life, Sierra planned out what she had to do. On top of her list at the number one slot, she had: See Vincent ASAP, but the woman stalled. There was no doubt about the fact she was scared of the man's reaction, and the thought tormented her as she walked to her office.

"Good morning Sierra."

"Good morning, Mr. Dubois."

"Can I see a minute?"

Sierra smiled, "Of course, sir."

For the past week, conversations began and ended when she appeared. Sierra wondered when the head would drop his bomb, whatever it was. She knew she was becoming a problem. Sierra cumulated a period too many moments of weakness. Her working drive slowed down between Leone's arrival and her missed wedding. Like many in her field of work, letting her feelings sculpt themselves on her performance had a cost.

"How are you feeling, Sierra? Have a seat."

Of course, the man began by showing concern.

Sierra sat down, "good; these vacations were a good idea."

"I'm glad to hear that, Sierra. Ali did a super job while you were away. You should be proud of your protége."

"I saw the results. I mean that +0.001 is just amazing."

Mr. Dubois could not tell whether the woman was sarcastic or not; still, he pursued, "we've thought perhaps he could second you."

"That's already his job. Ali assists me. He's my assistant," Sierra reminded.

"Yes, but maybe he could take a few of your leases full-time."

Mr. Dubois was careful he did not want Sierra to blow up, thinking they underestimated her, and he hurried to underline it, "don't get me wrong, Sierra, you're doing well, it's just perhapsㅡ."

"Great, no worries. I understand; Ali has the shoulders for it."

Mr. Dubois frowned, "It's not what I said, Sierra."

"And it's not what I meant, Mr. Dubois. I'm happy to share my park with Ali."

"Really?"

Mr.Dubois could not suspect what motivated Sierra. The woman was already mentally sliding in her appointments with various administrations. If Ali supervised a few leases, she would be free to do the necessary for her move to Sweden.

"Well, I'm surprised and happy you're taking it this way, Sierra."

"Why, should I take it another way? It's not like you think the workload is too much for me and that perhaps since I'm a mom, I can only be happy about having more time to spend with my child. You're thinking about profits, right?"

Sierra nailed the man. Neither suggestions were wrong, but none were correct.

Mr. Dubois cleared his throat, "then it's settled; you are free to hand over the leases you wish to Ali."

"Thank you, Mr.Dubois, for this kind intention."

"No, thank you, Sierra."

Mr. Dubois was delighted if Sierra protested; he had already planned to transfer her to Lille. The move would force Sierra to take the train every morning for a three-hour journey daily. She would only be back late at night-the woman to be worn out psychically in no time. By accepting his offer, Sierra saved herself from the worst.

Ali was surprised to see himself granted two-thirds of the woman's leases. They tried to play her, and so Sierra played. She would keep her departure and marriage to herself till the last minute just for the fun of it.