RAINBOWS

"Sierra?" Jonas gave his wife a quizzical stare.

She had suddenly stopped speaking in the middle of a sentence to touch her stomach. "They're moving," Sierra took her husband's hand and placed it on her tummy. Leone came running and did like his father while Olly roamed behind them, trying to see what was so interesting.

Leone placed a hand on his forehead, "O ma gaw," he said, imitating his mother, who had the habit of doing so. "Bébé viens," he then yelled. The sound of his voice seemed to have an effect as the movement became visible to all.

Jonas smiled; there was no doubt the babies were alive and kicking, "wow, it's so impressive. How do you feel?"

"I can't say it's a singular sensation. There's no definition for it. I'm just feeling it."

Life, all took it for granted and forgot what miracle it was. At that instant, the parents-to-be appreciated life more than ever.

The pregnancy period was too short for Sierra, who experienced a real moment of plenitude.

Her days began with a meditation session with Jonas. There were the short walks, the museum visits, and the private pottery lessons. Everything she did was relaxing and in slow motion. Sierra had the opportunity to see more of Jonas's quirks. She knew him but not the depth of his habits.

The woman never sat down to observe him. There she discovered Jonas' world, which was a silent one. Jonas could sit for hours doing one task. He was meticulous and attached to detail. He never rushed and hated doing things for the sake of it. Every object fascinated the man, a chair, a paper holder, a jewelry box. Jonas constantly sought to understand every conception. When in a creative phase, Sierra could be doing the running man or the moonwalk naked, and the man still wouldn't twitch an eyelid.

Jonas did have a weakness. No words, just hugs, and kisses; the man needed the loving caress and embrace Sierra provided massively. He would lay his head on her knees, and she would gently run her fingers through his hair. Sierra usually read a book, and the man would take a deep breath to inhale her scent before drifting to sleep. The ritual was something they did when Leone slept as the jealous little boy would do everything in his power to capture Sierra's attention.

He was THE cute toddler, and his dad was too old to benefit from such favors.

Spending time with Leone and ensuring he didn't feel left out was a priority Sierra and Jonas worked on daily.

Leone loved listening to the sounds in his mom's tummy. Things became interesting from the moment the babies moved, and he began to have long conservations with them while patting Sierra's stomach, hoping to get a reaction.

The couple refused to know the gender, but the doctor thought it was essential for them to understand the eighteen-year minimum contract they signed once the first trimester passed.

Twins.

Sierra took the news well compared to Jonas, who was shocked to see his ultimate dream come true.

His father had laughed warm-heartedly when he confined his apprehension, "son, if you can raise one, you can do two. And if you can you that, you can do more. We only get what we can handle. Trust me; you're capable."

The change between the first pregnancy and the second not only concerned the parents-to-be but Leone, who, unlike the first time he put aside his fear of being abandoned to encourage the baby to come out.