GOD'S PLAN

The call came nine days after Jacob left Sweden, "Jonas, what is it?"

His alarm clock displayed 1 am. The man's heart began to race, "Jonas, did something happen?"

"It's Sierraㅡ, Jacob. I need your help. We need God's help."

Jonas was no exception; he turned to God when in dire straits like many. He had held back from calling Jacob, but the situation was getting out of hand.

At this instant, Jacob's heart flatlined. The man sat up, "Jonas, tell me what's going on?"

"It's the baby. We lost our baby, and since it's a nightmare." Jonas paused. It was the first time he verbalized their loss. "I'm sorry, Jacob, I was supposed to take care of her, and I failed. I'm not helping her now either. Sierra needs someone, and I'm afraid that someone isn't me."

"Oh, no, Jonas."

Jacob directly proceeded to book a flight. He could only imagine how tormented his sister was.

The man saw right. Sierra was on the cliff's edge, where the stones drop to the sea with every step one makes. The place where one questioned the legitimacy of everything, including the purpose of their existence.

Sierra concluded it was God's sentence for taking Jonas as a husband. Cecile was her best friend. She considered her as her sister. Who in their right mind married their kin's lover even if they were Exs?

In the meantime, in Paris, Jacob joined the sleepless owls as he prayed through the night. For the first time, the man stumbled on something that challenged his faith.

Jacob remained dumbfounded. The man found no coherent explanation justifying what happened.

"I'm your servant. I've never failed you or doubted your existence. I dedicated every instant of my life to you."

Even though Jacob knew he was not supposed to place his sister above other living beings, the man spoke as any loving brother would.

"Tell me why? Why inflict her so? What wrong has she done to deserve this?"

Jacob didn't know what to do. He envisioned the type of questions Sierra would ask him when they would meet.

Did God hate her?

Why?

The man had to dig deep and evoke all the spirituality within him as he pleaded. His God was merciful and loving. Why would God do this to Sierra and let people like the Gauthiers escape scot-free?

The man took over the disciple. Jacob recognized he had attained his limit; anger and sorrow would not revive Sierra's child. Jacob was too personally and emotionally impacted to deliver any message of hope.

The pastor squeezed his eyes shut with might to accompany the words he spoke with force, "I believe you are the lord of all. Prove to me your existence and love."

Jacob got his response as the sun rays broke into the cloudy sky the following morning.

He grabbed his phone and called, "Hello, Jonas."

"Hi, Jacob."

"Can I ask you a question?"

Jonas frowned at the other end of the phone, "go ahead."

"Do you love my sister?"

"Yes, more than my own life."

"Jonas."

"Yes."

"I won't come to Sweden. I know both of you are suffering, but I can't intervene. Go to her; you are her husband, Jonas. The one she needs is you. I'm her brother; she needs her husband. Nothing more, nothing less."