Chapter 1: Tenderness

Chapter 1:
                                                           Tenderness

                                                                +Zayn+

Liam plays around with my hair---causing my cheeks to flush in deep red. A simple touch from him causes my whole body to leak. His face drew closer to mine as we rested in the grass of the meadow. The sun was hidden behind they gray clouds---which sometimes made me angry and rather annoyed, but not today. Liam's lips gently brushed against mine before they fully touched mine. It was quite hard for me to get used to his lips on mine. He gently leaned onto me and my hand pulled him closer into the kiss by holding on the nape of his neck. He smiled within the kiss and continued to kiss my bottom lip as I kissed his top one.

He eventually softly pulled away and my heart raced. He sat up and looked at my clothes---almost in a panic. I snorted. Liam and I were properly dressed for Lume and Nica's wedding. I actually believed that they were wedded already---but when Liam told me that though they are mated, they still need to be betrothed as mates.

"And I hope someday that will be us" he has added after explaining everything to me. I blushed due to his comment.

Liam straightened my wine silky suit jacket along with my simple black shirt. "Liam" I began, "I'm fine."

He snorted. "Zayn---this is my cousin we are talking about. Lume. She sees one mishap with your clothes, she will loose her head."

I rolled my eyes and he allowed my necklace to show due to it being hidden under my shirt. It was silver with a nice pediment of a tree in the middle. It was a gift from Septon---he gave it to me as an acceptance into their family. It was confusing at one point---and now, not so much.

"It looks good on you" said Liam--- almost a thousand times by now ----"and I am not just saying that."

I blushed.

"Thank you. You look good too" I complimented. I knew it sounded too corny---but it was the best I could think of. Liam leaned in and pressed his lips to jawline. I clenched my jaw and bit the corner of my bottom lip. He pulled away and grinned at me while holding my waist. I wrapped my arms around his neck with a shy grin.

"You ready to go? Everyone must be waiting---espcially Lume" stated Liam. I nodded. He scooped me up in his arms and carried me. He smiled before zipping straight into the trees. He came to a stop when we arrived. He gently rested me down and kissed my temple.

"Well---look who finally came" spoke out a voice. I looked to see Charse. Her blond hair was up in a fancy updo with a blue flower in the front of her hair. She wore a short dress that came up above her knees---it was a beautiful sky color, had net decoration on bust and bottom shirt, and heavy embriodery around front and back waist. The shoes she wore were silver with blue accents and straps that were wrapped around her ankles. She looked like a model from a fashion magazine---the one that girls would wish to be pretty as.

"Charse" began Liam, "You over did yourself again."

I nudged Liam in the rib and I clenched my jaw---knowing that I would obviously have a bruise afterwards. Charse rolled her eyes and a man walked up, wrapping his arm around her waist. Charse peeled a bright smile on her face and brought her lips to his cheek.

The man was young---more like a boy. His skin was the color of mahogany (clear and rich brown), eyes were a deep color of brown, his hair was short and slightly curled, and was lean with rounded muscles. He introduced himself as Darel Monroe. This was the boy that Charse had been telling me about.

"Pleasure to meet you" added Darel. "Charse was waiting for the proper opportunity for the two of us to meet---and I guess it is today."

I hid my grin but my cheeks reddened. At that moment, Chera came over to us. She wore a navy colored dress has a sweet yet seductive style. A beaded one shoulder strap that gave the long dress in navy a touch of sparkle and a low cut back and side slit on the flowing skirt. Her hair was curled into ripples over her shoulders. She barely wore any make-up, but some mascara to allow the purple of her eyes to pop-out a little.

"Well don't you all look rather nice" she said with a great smile on her face. She pulled Charse in for a warm hug and kissed her cheek. She did the same with Darel and Liam. And when she came to me---I actually felt my bones starting to crack. Chera released me, leaving me hurting. "Now the four of you go ahead, the wedding is about to begin." She then stopped and started to look around. "Where is Louis and Harry? I thought they would've been here by now."

I started to think the same thing when I noticed that they weren't around. "I'll find them" volunteered Liam.

"So will I---Charse, I'll back sweetheart" said Darel. Both, Liam and Darel were gone within a blink of the human eye. I sighed.

Louis and Harry had came back to Newtown from Canda within two weeks since Watson was burned and killed. The memory of Watson was the most terrifying that thing that I may ever have to face. I still remember his eyes, his face, those sharp daggers that were his teeth.

Charse wrapped her arm around my shoulder. Her childlike eyes stared into me as she revealed her special smile that makes her seem like a fragile barbie doll. "You all right Zayn? You look---pale, literally" she pointed out.

I shook my head. "Yeah. I'm fine" I lied.

Charse clenched her jaw and snorted. I looked at her. "You're lying" she said. I nearly had forgotten that she was able to determine whether I was lying or not. "Now tell me the truth...or else---I will make sure that you never see the morning light again." I stiffened and she giggled. "Got you---now tell me the truth...are you okay?"

I sighed. "How did you meet Darel---like how did you know he was the one for you?"

Charse giggled. "We first met when I was changed by Septon----years and years ago. I found Darel when he we eighteen, like I am. He was in the street with a bullet in his chest. The smell of blood was addicting that I had to have it---but I knew he was alive. So, I just saved him. When I told Septon what I did, I fell instantly drawn to Darel, but the Revar Coven came and asked for him to join them. "I was so frustrated at that point----that he left. But not forever. We reunited during a hunting plot to find Delle after she killed two humans...two children. And at that point, he was drawn to me. We didn't manage to capture Delle. We figured that the Renascence had found her---maybe killed her for her crimes...but we were wrong. She started her own coven with Watson and Harris. They weren't named. But the best thing was that I had him. Darel. And right there, ha! I knew I found true love."

I felt a ball in my throat. I wanted to know so much more. But I didn't bother to ask. Charse revealed her innocent grin. "You feeling better?" she asked.

I nodded.

"Much" I said.

"Good...now we have a wedding to attend."

And at that moment, Liam and Darel came back with laughing faces as they walked with Harry and Louis. My heart beamed due to both of their appearances. Their laughter stopped when they saw us---but they still kept the smiles on their faces.

"Where have you been?" asked Charse before Darel gave he a pure kiss on the lips.

"We were looking for the tortise and hare" joked Darel.

Louis and Harry rolled their eyes. "Very funny---but we have a wedding to attend. Let's go before Lume gets crazy and starts shouting profanity at us mentally" claimed Harry.

"Harreh's right. Let's go---I already get headaches around Lume enough" Charse complained. She and Darel walked out into the backyard.

Harry hand suddenly wrapped over my waist and I blushed hard. Liam scowled causing a chuckle to exit Harry's lips. He let go before we entered the backyard for the wedding to begin with Lume walking down the aisle as the bride to her mate and husband, Nica.