Chapter 11: Brisk

Chapter 11:

                                                                    Brisk

                                                                  +Harry+

I sat and watched as Zayn slept on the settee. I wrapped him up in a nice brown wool blanket. The blood above his eyebrow made my throat close. I instantly I cleaned it off with some warm water and a bandage. I knew that this was going to be hard for Zayn to forget. The moment I saw him weeping when he killed the newborn---- he considered himself a killer. I told him over one thousand times that he wasn't, still he cried.

Louis walked in with some cold water in a glass. He rested it on a coaster by Zayn on the table. "For when he wakes up," Louis whispered. I smiled weakly.

Louis sat next to me and I sighed. "What the hell did we do to him? All the pain he must face because we fell for him," I say quietly to Louis to make sure Zayn doesn't hear.

Louis sighs and slightly nodded.

"Yet, he is still alive," prompted he. "And Liam--- he will be back."

My eyes darted to Louis. I didn't know when Liam was coming back. It's killing Zayn that Liam left. He may or may not come back. "How do you know?" I asked---stupidly.

"This is Liam," scoffed Louis. "He will return."

Smarty.

I stood to my feet and started to walked to the door. Louis asked where I was going. I stopped and looked at him then at the sleeping Zayn.

"I think, Zayn needs some alone rest. Don't you?"

Louis sighed before planting his lips on Zayn's temple. He stood up and walked away with me. I closed the door and looked at Louis. We decided to just walk through the trees until we came to our homes.

"You know, he is still going to be mine. After all the hell passes over," I said.

Louis snorted.

"I highly doubt that. After all, Zayn is still finding it hard to trust you. Though you explained everything--- no exceptions."

I knew Louis was right. Zayn would have trouble accepting me again.

Damn.

"I'm glad that this over," Louis spoke.

I snorted at his comment. He gave me a confused look. I knew that the newborn was killed, but still. Zayn is still a target to some. And I for one, will defend and protect him.

"It's never over--- is it?" asked Louis.

"Right."

We came to a stop and Louis allowed a small smile to appear on his face. He rested his hand on my shoulder. I didn't have to read his mind to know that he was happy about me being there for Zayn from the beginning. Still, we will brawl for his love and affection--- but that doesn't mean we won't be best mates.

"Thanks, Harry" said Louis.

I playfully punched Louis on his arm before laughing. He shook his head.

I pressed down on my feet and leaped up in the air. I landed probably within five miles from where I originally was. I climbed up a tree and went to the highest branch. I looked down to find Louis from a far distance.