Chapter 12: Caution

Chapter 12:

                                                                 Caution

                                                                 +Lume+

I sat on the bench of the waiting area as I watched the human secretary, Susan, looked through some paperwork. Susan wore her thick dark glasses on the bridge of her nose as she read. She wasn't the brightest of people--- but somehow, the Renascence chose her to be the secretary. She's more likely to be the housekeeper of a drunk old man...not the secretary of skilled, powerful demons. Susan was tall, with long, dark hair and olive-toned skin, as well as being humanly beautiful, but nowhere near as beautiful as the demons she was employed by.

I waited for Susan to tell me when I could enter to see the Renascence. Probably never. I kept thinking of Liam. He was torn to be away from Zayn. The boy he only truly loved. I could see love in their eyes. I had asked if I could see the Renascence after Liam had nearly cried this morning due to the thought of Zayn. I silenced him with hugs and told him that we would see him again.

At that moment, I looked up to see Joshua--- who is the member of the Renascence as a guard. He has an olive complexion with a chalky pallor, and short, frosted brown/blonde hair that is partially spiked. He was lean and stands 6'3 ft tall. His eyes are burgundy in color due to his diet on human blood, which will darken the longer he abstains from it.

His eyes looked at me as I sat firm and still on the bench. His jaw was tight before he leaned down and whispered in Susan's ear. He stood up straight and took one last glance at me before walking away.

Susan stood. "You can come in now," she said. I stood up and walked behind her, following.

We walked down the halls of solid brick walls and on the checkered brown and black glossy solid floors. Clump! Clump! Clump!

Susan's heels nearly echoed through the whole hall as we walked.

We walked up to the giant mahogany doors of the giant dome room. The walls being a blueish-gray color and the floor being glossy in the color of black with checkered white.

Susan stopped once she was in presence of the Renascence. I looked directly at the leader of the Renascence. Blue eyes bearing into my core, his smile makes me shiver from wickedness. "Susan, dear," he begins. "You may leave us and Missus Lume alone."

She did.

I looked over to see Jane one side and Chelsie on the other. I glared with hatred at them as they did the same to me. Jane's short cropped golden blond hair made her look like a little boy than a girl. With it being chin length and swept above her eyebrows, and her eyebrows that were tiny--- delivering slightly boyish features within the face. Her crimson blood eyes glared.

Our glare session is interrupted by the leader's voice.

"Aha! Young Missus Lume Knightly. The wife of Nica Knightly. How pleasant is to see you," he said in a friendly matter.

I just looked at him before I could even speak--- which was hard for me. I wasn't called to see them. I demanded to see them.

"What is it that you want?" asked Darius in his deep haunting voice. He was brawny, huge-looking, dark-colored skin, and black dreadlocks that run down to his neck. Since he drinks human blood for a living, his eyes exert the traditional red color of human-feeding demons that darken the longer he abstains from feeding.