Chapter 3: Departure

Chapter 3:

                                                            Departure

                                                             +Zayn+

I woke up due to the humid air---delivered from the outdoors. I was underneath the covers---only wearing my boxers. I sat up on my elbows to only find Louis gone. I sighed. I pulled the covers off me and walked into the bathroom. I closed the door shut and sighed. I looked at myself in the mirror, and rubbed my eyes. I bit down on my lip and a sigh escaped my lips. I bit the corner of my lip and decided to get dressed. I wasn't going anywhere today, but it's better than nothing. I stripped off my boxers and started the warm sizzling, relaxing water of the shower. The temperature of the water reminded me of Phoenix. Warm and comforting---though, I did learn to get used to the weather of Newtown. I never made a phone call to my mother and it has been months. I figured that she was in panic---wondering why I didn't call. I sighed. I turned off the relaxing water and my thoughts of Phoenix drifted away from my mind. I reached for my towel on the rack. I wrapped it around my waist and tightened it.

I dried myself off in the bathroom and as I did---I heard a knock on the bathroom door. I looked and saw Liam on the other side of the window. My heart raced. I walked over to the window and slid it open. "What are you doing here? Jake is home" I hissed at him.

"No---he left early" Liam informed. "Get dressed---I want to walk with you."

I went to open my mouth and ask why, but before I could Liam pressed his plump lips to my thin ones. His lips move gently with mine and he pulls away---looking at me. He then leaps off the house and is gone. I rolled my eyes with a sigh. Show off. I sealed the window shut and walked out of the bathroom. I searched for something nice to wear. Though it was just a walk---I still wanted to look nice.

I stopped battling with myself and picked out a navy tee shirt with a pair of black jeans, and my white sneakers. It wasn't symbolizing anything---I just wanted something nice to wear. I didn't bother to curl the front of my hair to let the blond streak show. I just allowed it to be up liked the rest of my quiff.

I walked downstairs as I heard the front door open and Jake walk in. He revealed a smiling grin on his face when he saw me. It seems like it had been a month since I saw him. Being a police officer means that he and I barely see one another. Even if we are in the same room----I still barely speak to him. I wonder where he has been, what's he been doing, and why he hasn't called while at work [I can see that I am sounding motherly---ironic, and I am his little brother].

"Whoa! I just got back in here----where you heading?" Jake questioned, hanging up his jacket on the hook. I bit down his lip---trying to think of a lie. But I failed in process.

"Remember Liam Payne?" I asked.

"Yes---he and I met when I came to pick you up from school since Niall was working with the truck" Jake prompted. I nodded. The truck is fine---Niall does a check on it every month just to make sure there is no glitches. I don't ask him to, he just volunteers. Sometimes I want wonder why he does that stuff for me.

Because, I am his best friend. I figured that's what Niall would say.

"Well, he and I are going for a walk---I won't be long, promise."

Jake sighed and nodded to let me go. I walked out of the house with my lightweight red hoodie on. I zipped it up halfway as I closed the door shut. The second I turned around, Liam was in my presence. He just looked at me---wearing a navy shirt, light blue jeans, and white sneakers with gray along the sides.