CHAPTER TWELVE

At first, Lee Suhyeon couldn’t conclude if she would believe that the man who shoved her off the stairs a few years ago, Gwi-nam, is a zombie or not

At first, Lee Suhyeon couldn’t conclude if she would believe that the man who shoved her off the stairs a few years ago, Gwi-nam, is a zombie or not. Suhyeok has insisted that he isn’t since Gwi-nam recognised him earlier—even beat the shit out of him but Cheongsan strongly argued that Gwi-nam is indeed infected and that he also saw the bully getting bit by tons of zombies, however, he did not see Gwi-nam turn.

And that messes up with Suhyeon’s judgement even more.

Suhyeon wants to believe Cheongsan’s word just for safeguard, but there is a voice inside her head telling her otherwise.

It didn’t help the problem when Namra wanted to abandon the group but luckily, Suhyeok would not let her. So, it resulted in Suhyeok tying his and Namra’s wrists with a piece of red cloth even if she announced to everybody that she wanted to bite Suhyeok.

"Happy? She can’t go to you even if she turns. She can only bite me.” Suhyeok lifts their hands a little just to show it to everybody in the room.

Hyunjae tugged Suhyeon, who is at the back of the room, nearer to Suhyeok just so he is able to see her. “Have you forgotten about someone?” His voice echoes inside the room as Suhyeok’s attention diverted to the girl beside Hyunjae, crestfallen painted on his younger sister’s face.

Just before Suhyeok could open his mouth to talk, Hyunjae instantly cuts him off. “That’s what I figured.” There was an annoying grin on his face, that made Suhyeon roll her eyes in annoyance and then she glanced at her older brother apathetically as she forcedly loosened Hyunjae’s clutch on her wrist and paced towards the door of the storage room while dragging a chair and sat on it.

Soon after, Hyunjae came after Suhyeon silently whilst Suhyeok peek discreetly at his younger twin sister and is obviously aware that Suhyeon is mildly angry at him.

Suhyeok cannot explain why he did what he did. He just thinks that hopefully, one day, Suhyeon will realize why he did all that and maybe he can explain it to her as well. Suhyeok is also confident that if Hyunjae was bitten, Suhyeon will do what he did for Namra.