CHAPTER THIRTEEN

Hyunjae begins to poke his index finger on Suhyeon’s left cheek after watching Namra and Suhyeok arise from their chairs to step closer to the red drapes compelling the others to follow them in curiosity

While Suhyeon squeezed her hands in her pockets as Hyunjae pulled her along to get nearer to her twin brother.

Suhyeon is not upset with her brother anymore. Maybe in a different time, she will, but as of now, they aren’t completely certain about their safety and their lives so, resentments is temporarily out of her options.

That reminds her to have a conversation with Suhyeok later today and to chat with Namra too.

There is no reason to doubt Namra’s unique case. Hours have passed and yet she did not turn into one of the zombies. There is only one possible reason that Suhyeon suspected. It could be Namra who is the answer to their curiousness, she might be immune.

If she is immune obviously she has antibodies in her DNA and if it is proven then maybe if the government knew about it they can produce a cure with the help of Namra.

However, Suhyeon visualised a bad case scenario. That is if Namra is used as a lab rat. And that is something Suhyeon (& Suhyeok) will never let it to happen.

Veins emerge closely on Namra’s right earlobe as she carefully listens to the noise that the others couldn't hear and is currently happening outside the music room. Then, Hyoryung and Daesu ask On-jo if Namra is turning because of the veins appearing in her ear, Suhyeon eavesdropped and she quickly refuses the thought.

“Someone is puking,” Namra declared openly as she proceeded with listening to whatever or whoever she is overhearing to.

It could be a zombie puking or maybe if they are lucky enough, another survivor. Just like them.

“How was she able to hear that?”

Suhyeon leans her face nearer to Hyunjae’s face. “I don’t know. Maybe she has an extremely keen sense of hearing.” Her lip curled as she cling her hand on his arm making the young man's heart flutter.