CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

“One, we make the outside higher

“One, we make the outside higher.”

Joonyeong was the first one to lift his hand, next was Suhyeok, On-jo—together with Cheongsan who was still not in good condition. The man keeps on zoning out from time to time, and no one can blame him, really. What he caught a glimpse of last night was way worse than what they had been through in the entire time they were trapped in their high school.

Truthfully, Suhyeon cannot decide whether to make the exterior of their shield higher or make it like boxes as per suggested by her senior, Mijin. If they do the latter, they would probably have to crawl, and crawling is the last thing she wants to do if zombies are about to catch them. And, it would be hard for them to move quickly if zombies start to surround them while going on all fours.

Hence, she raises her hand.
The second choice is too risky for her.

Hyunjae on the other hand did not agree with her. It is only because he had doubts that the zombies can crawl up if they make it higher, but if they do it like a box, it would be good for them since they won’t be able to be taken hold of by the zombies as they walk in their fours.

After Hyunjae extended his hands in the air for the second option, he acquired a stern look from Daesu, Suhyeok, and Suhyeon. Still, the younger twin did not utter a word to him, making Hyunjae and Suhyeok share a glance. It was as if their eyes are chattering, Suhyeok was questioning why didn’t the only lady in their row did not speak and if Hyunjae did something that could make Suhyeon be put in a bad mood.

Of course, Hyunjae vehemently shook his head. As he clearly is in oblivion why was the woman he likes is acting strange then, he realized that Suhyeon hasn’t talked to anyone.

As their voting ended, it resulted that, only five of them who agree to fold the lid, make it a box. Hyunjae, Wujin, Hyoryung, Ha-ri, and Mijin.

An upside-down smile appeared on Suhyeon’s face as she saw Wujin and Hyunjae raising their hands.

“Option one received the majority vote, so we’ll make the walls high,” Namra announced. She was quickly halted by Mijin asking her about her vote, also telling her that if she chooses option two, then it will be a tie. And without wasting time and not even second-guessing, she chooses the first option.