CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

On cue, it is now Suhyeon’s turn to speak, to let out to her friends what is on her mind

Right then, Suhyeon reminisced about how her parents pressured the shit out of her in terms of academics and how she strongly loathe it. While Suhyeok is unrestricted to do anything he wants, the youngest twin was stuck at home reading dozens of books and studying future lessons.

Although she fulfilled everything her parents asked and demanded her to do, Suhyeon was deprived of playing with her older brother and friends, doing things she really want to fulfil and having her independence.

“Suhyeok, thank you for allowing me to experience what a normal child should. Even if it was restricted by our parents, he would still find a way to put a smile on the face of my toddler self.”

“And to all of you guys, for keeping up with me after the accident.” Suhyeon pauses to take hold of her breath, “A special mention to On-jo, I can never thank you enough for staying with me when the times I was afraid of the male population, including my own father and twin brother. For being patience with me on the days I was hardheaded, stubborn, and at the lowest point of my life. For being a good friend. I really appreciate all of it.”

A gleam crack on On-jo’s face, while on the other hand, Wujin was waiting for his name to be called out. “Daesu’s brother-in-law, I appreciate your existence, you are enough and will always be my partner in crime.” Suhyeon worded out which was deeply acknowledged by Wujin a second after.

See, when Suhyeok began hanging out with their school’s tormentors, it was Wujin and On-jo who were constantly with Suhyeon. It even got to a point where her twin brother was replaced by Wujin as her partner in crime—they don’t literally do crimes but, one of their inappropriate behaviour (according to her parents) was when Wujin would constantly help her to sneak out of their house since he lives a few blocks from the Lee family’s humble abode and sometimes, the two of them would sneak out of the campus after lunch to stroll around the town doing whatever they like to do.

Wujin has always been a good friend to Suhyeon. He respects his best female friend and at the same time will tease her like it is the end of the world. He cared for Suhyeon and will always be until the only explanation they can speak clearly is because of dentures.