CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

The six of them ran in duos

The six of them ran in duos. On-jo directs as Cheongsan still hasn’t regained his mind from what he just saw while Suhyeok has his arms around Namra as she was strongly unnerved by the sound that the storm is making.

Then they run like hell.

As they surpassed a sort of a hill with an apparent path on it, their other friends, Daesu, Hyoryung, Jimin, Joonyeong, and Wujin were there, waiting for them. Then, the ten of them dash behind the school, proceeding with their plan to get to the mountain.

Once the two groups became one, Daesu was still in the lead, next in pairs was Suhyeok and Nam-ra, Suhyeon and Hyunjae, Cheongsan and On-jo, Wujin and Joonyeong, and lastly, Hyoryung and Jimin. Still, they run as fast as they can, putting a huge gap between the zombies and them.

Suhyeon came to a stop, leaving a hand on Hyunjae’s shoulder as assistance while catching her breath. The others moved forward to gallop, “Never in my entire life have I run that fast. Shit.” She remarked, panting. Her shoulders, visibly going up and down by Hyunjae.

“Oh yeah? You are not the only one.”

Suhyeon scoffs, not accepting the words that came out of Hyunjae’s mouth. “Shut up, you were a football player,”

“Well, it’s been so long since the last time I played.” Hyunjae admitted, and then he gapes around, “Wujin was supposed to pass us by, where the hell is he?” Suhyeon and Hyunjae shared a look, as the former nodded her head, symbolising that they both agreed to find their friend.

Until they both heed multiple footsteps getting in their way. Obviously, they are people.

Not infected, hopefully.

Hyunjae recognizes the lady with shoulder-length hair, she is their senior.

He once had an interaction with him, couldn’t really remember what, where, and when it happened but all he can remember is how cool she looked as she was defending a freshman kid being bullied by a junior student.

Then there was Wujin. With his older sister.

That is when Suhyeon flashes a smile for a second and then got confused later since the lady was presumed to compete. She shrugs her thoughts out of her mind as she yanks Hyunjae’s hand then they sprint towards the auditorium where the others and her brother are, probably waiting for them.