CHAPTER SIXTEEN

A hundred ways how to inflict pain on Gwi-nam crosses Hyunjae's mind when the bully revealed himself

For one, Hyunjae could beat the shit out of Gwi-nam with the baseball bat in his hand. Or, let the zombies have him as their food again. Shoving Gwi-nam off the windows sounds tempting for him too. Or better yet, maybe push Gwi-nam off the stairs like what he did to the certain someone that Hyunjae strongly cares about.

Even if he accomplishes that action, it is not certain if Hyunjae will survive given how tougher the bully has become.

But luckily for the group, they have Namra. She wielded her supernatural strength to toss Gwi-nam at the other zombies at the bottom of the staircase while the door miraculously unlocks itself.

While Hyunjae, together with Suhyeok and Cheongsan were the only ones left as they kept on fighting off the zombies to prevent them from getting onto the roof to where their companions are.

The triad ascends the stairs as they found an opportunity to do so. But when they attain the rooftop, the noise from the helicopter flying at a small distance was the first thing they caught sight of while they seal the door with their bodies.

At the same duration, the rest of the group were crying out and screaming their voice out just for them to be noticed by the people inside the helicopter.

Hyunjae does not know if the people inside the helicopter were innocently oblivious of their existence hence the helicopter goes on to fly away from them or they were just basically disregarding the group of high school students' existence.

Then, Suhyeok got up from his seat to join the others while Cheongsan and Hyunjae were left there, their back still against the metal door as they take the shot to have a rest and yield their strength back just for a while.

"We're never going to escape this shit place, are we?"

Cheongsan turns his head over Hyunjae before looking back to the helicopter, gasping for air, "I really hope you are wrong with that." He sighed. As much as he wanted Hyunjae to be wrong, a part of him is slowly losing hope.