CHAPTER 26

Maya's POV:

I was into my thoughts looking outside the window when I felt someone's hand on me.

I turned around and saw a man in his 50's looking at me with an emotionless expression.

"Uh.. Do you want something?" I asked him when he took a seat in front of me.

"At last I am able to find you. Your dad did a pretty good job hiding you all these years" he said with a glint in his eyes which made my stomach churn in a bad way.

"What do you mean?" I asked in a stern voice looking at him trying to not give away that I am scared.

"Do you really think you were hidden away because your parents wanted you a normal life?" he asked with a raised eyebrow.

"They were just trying to save you. You little piece of shit got away every time we tried to kidnap or kill you. You were even lucky when we tried a brilliant plan but instead of you that cousin of yours got herself involved and lost her voice" he said showing he was irritated.

What?! Emma became mute because of me? I am the reason she has been suffering all these years?

I couldn't hold my tears anymore and cried sitting there.

Suddenly there were people in black rushed into the diner holding guns and pointing them at the man before me.

The man in front of me stood up and came to me holding a knife.

"Drop your guns or else she will be dead this instant" he shouted at them coming to me and holding me hostage.

All the people present there looked at a man who is to my right, I figured out he might be the head of the team and he nodded in confirmation to which everyone including him put their guns down on the floor.

"What is happening?" I asked trying to stutter in fear.

"Miss Chase, I am John I am your personal security head appointed by Mr. Mathews" the person right to me said and I was shocked. Shane put someone for my security what is going on?

"What do you want mister?" John asked looking at the man who held me as an hostage.

"What do you think I want? Of course her" he said in a voice as if John was dumb.

"But why? What did I do? I don't even know you" I asked him.

"My sweet Maya I am hurt. How can you forget your favourite uncle?" he asked in fake hurt.

"What are you saying I don't know you!" I said trying to get away from him.

John's POV:

My team and I are following Miss Chase for past 3 months on Mr. Mathews order.

He told us someone is trying to harm her and we should all be attentive to each and every single detail and not let even a small situation fool us.

Like every day we were following Miss Chase and at present we are outside a diner where she was sitting.

It is already past 10 at night and no one is present in the diner as it was closed but the owner let her stay.

We saw a man in his 50's going inside the diner even though there was the closed sign on the door.

I started observing each and every move of his. He went towards Miss Chase so I alerted my team to be ready so we can brag in and take an action if the situation goes unusually.

They were talking about something so I thought he was someone who Miss Chase knows and was about to relax when I observed something.

That man was taking out a Knife from his pants so without wasting anytime we bragged inside but he was quick and grabbed her and held her with the knife to her throat.