CHAPTER 7

Shane's POV:

When I went back to my car Sam was in front of me in an instant asking about how did it go and I told him everything. I even smiled at the end saying him about her reply. I don't even know why I was that happy.

For few more minutes we stayed in the parking lot so we can spend some more time with the gang.

After about 30 minutes we were on our way to his house while he made fun of me throughout the ride.

Sometime later he asked "Are you sure it was jealousy that made her say that?"

"Don't know man! But it seemed like she didn't like the thought I want to date Kerry" I replied.

"Maybe she thinks you are not good or she doesn't like you because of the rumours spread everywhere about your attitude and all" he said.

"Might be but she doesn't seem like a person who judges someone based on the rumours though" I replied sounding more confidently than I thought.

"Man! You are whipped" he teased.

"It's nothing like that I just want to know her like a friend that's it" I said annoyed by his teasing.

Tring! Tring! My phone rang blaring loudly throughout the car and the mistake I did was answering the call without checking who it was.

"YOU IDIOT! WHAT GOT INTO YOU? HAVE YOU GONE MAD?" an all too familiar voice of Kerry shouted.

To my luck my phone was connected to the car's Bluetooth and the idiot beside me was having a great time by knowing what's coming next.

"Chill down Kerry! What happened and why are you shouting at me now?" I asked her in a calm tone very well expecting she might have already got to know my encounter with Maya.

"WHAT HAPPENED? YOU ARE ASKING ME WHAT HAPPENED?" she shouted again.

"Damn woman calm down and say properly what did I do this time?" I asked her irritated still trying my luck.

"You want to DATE ME!? What the f**k is that? You wanted Maya's help to ask me on a date? Man you do know that I treat you like a brother and what came over you suddenly..." she started rambling.

"Kerry! Calm down it's not what you think. I know you treat me as a brother and all. I do. Even I treat you as my sister too. But hear me out" I said and waited for her reply but was met with silence.

Taking that as my cue I added "I was dared by the idiot of my life to talk to her. I didn't want to make her uncomfortable so the same idiot gave me this idea so you would understand" I said to her now glaring at my side.

"Don't you have anything else to do than these stupid bets?" she asked.

And we sat there silent not saying anything else.

"And why do you even bet with THE idiot Shane? His bets always lead us to do something stupid" she added and I pretty sure she is rolling her eyes now.

Listening this Sam replied in a childlike tone pouting "Hey! I am not an idiot okay"

"Yeah Yeah! Just tell me why did you dare him to talk to her knowing how he is?" she asked him now interested.

I glanced at him this time really wanting to know his intentions.

"Shane over here is madly in love with your friend Maya and he was being a shy little baby so being a man I took the initiation that's it" he replied as if he is talking about weather.