CHAPTER 22

Maya's POV:

After the kiss we went back to my house and as promised Shane came inside to talk to my dad.

They left to his office and I am hear pacing in the living room worried about what dad is saying to him.

"Maya calm down! Dad wouldn't eat Shane alive and even if he thinks he can he has to face mom remember?" Meghan said trying to calm me down.

I just nodded but didn't stop pacing around.

I heard laughter coming from the stairs and saw both Shane and dad coming down laughing at about something they were talking about.

Seeing them like that made me feel relaxed slightly.

Shane came to me and said "I got go now" to which I nodded.

I went till the door with him to send him off and when we are away from my father's hearing range I asked him "What did you guys talk about?"

"Nothing for you to worry about" he said kissing my cheek saying a bye and left from there.

After that I went to my room still thinking about what they talked about when my phone started ringing.

It is Kerry and I knew why she was calling me.

"Maya I am on my way to your house will meet you there" she said and hung up not even waiting for my reply.

After about 10 minutes my bedroom door burst open and there she was.

"Hey Maya!" she said with her usual cheerful smile coming inisde.

"Hey!" I said to her looking up.

She came and lay down beside me on my bed.

"So spill" she said looking at the ceiling.

I told her from the day of Christmas Eve and what happened yesterday not leaving anything.

"What do you think about me and him together?" I asked at the end to which she turned to me.

"It is so good that you both realised atlast!" she said as if it was bound to happen.

"What do you mean by atlast?" I asked confused.

"You both were idiots. Everyone except you both knew that you like each other, it was the most obvious thing" she said like it is a normal thing.

"Really? You mean everyone in our gang know that I like him?" I asked her to know if she was really serious.

"Yeah!" she said.

"So I was afraid for no reason to tell you about us" I said to her dejectedly.

"Were you really afraid of me?" she asked laughing.

"Don't laugh Kerry! I was afraid you will misunderstand me for not sharing everything with you from the start" I said to her.

"I can understand Maya that you were confused. So it's okay" she said assuring me.

After that we spent some more time talking about stuff and she left before dinner.

After the break when we returned to the university the news of Shane dating spread like a wild fire in the campus.

At first we tried our best not to let people know it is me but it somehow got out which lead to different conspiracies about me being a gold digger or how I seduced Shane to climb the social ladder, etc.

Through everything Shane and our gang stood by me.

With Kaiden everything went down the hill. I tried to explain him in a pleasant manner when the word got out but he never understood. At the end of our conversation he ended up saying the same words as everyone.