CHAPTER 6

Surprise! Surprise!

Shane's POV:

My name is Shane Mathews the youngest son of Michal Mathews and Violet Mathews. I am the successor of Mathew Corp. which is a leading business corporation in the world with different fields like Construction, hotels, shipping and stock. But Construction side is the main base for our business.

I have an elder brother Karlos Mathews we don't get along that much but we can stand each other if situation arises. He left the house to pursue his dream as a photographer and became successful in it.

So that lead to me being the successor of the Mathew Corp. since I was always interested in the business field I don't have any problem in taking over family business when time comes.

I entered my house and was greeted by my mom who like always just acknowledged me with a nod. It's just that she feels less attached to me when compared to Karlos because she was busy during my childhood helping dad in the business because at that time things became difficult.

I went directly to my room to fresh up and settled in front of the TV watching football match. Sometime later a maid entered my room who brought evening snacks in a tray and placed them on the table near the couch and left.

As I was having my snacks my mind drifted off thinking about certain someone.

I keep myself away from most the females except my cousins because from my experience I know that they only treat me nicely because of my money and looks.

I know the talk about me being a jerk but I don't like when girls throw themselves at me for the money and looks.

Two months back I saw a girl in the parking lot who looked so different than other girls intriguing me. That was my first day I came back to college after the break. Though the college started 2 weeks before the day I came back I couldn't attend it because I was taking part in an International deal and was busy with it.

She looked like a person with money but the way she dressed made me intrigued in her. She was wearing a torn jeans and tunic top looking so simple with no makeup on her face. That's what made me take a second glance at her.

She was talking with Kerry Nicholas smiling brightly and that smile brought some unknown sensations in me.

Her dark brown eyes were the most beautiful eyes I have seen in my whole life. Those eyes held a spark which everyone lags these days showing how her trust in herself. There was something about those eyes which made me stare at them until I was brought out by my best friend Sam.

"Hey man! What do you think?" he asked.

"Huh!?" I replied with a confused expression.

"Weren't you listening about what I said? I was asking do you want to come by my place today to hangout" he asked.

"Uh..Yeah sure" I replied and turned to where she was but she already left.

"Hey Sam" I called for him to ask if may be he knows who she was as Kerry was talking to her who is our friend.

I gestured him to come aside from the others in our gang and came to where I was standing.

"Do you know the girl with whom Kerry was talking in the parking lot?" I asked him nodding towards the direction where they stood earlier.

He gave me a quizzical look and let out a loud gasp realising what I asked him and whisper shouted "You are asking about a GIRL?"

I rolled my eyes at his over action and stated "You didn't answer my question" rolling my eyes.