Epilogue

Maya's POV:

The next day morning Shane asked me to be ready in the evening so he can take me on a date after everything that happened.

That evening Shane proposed me in our tree house with a purple diamond remembering my words from long ago and repeating it's meaning which made me cried.

He also told me how he wanted to propose before he left for Australia but couldn't because of the threat that was lurking around.

He admitted that he didn't know what to say when I asked him about marriage so he babbled whatever got into his brain and apologised for it.

After 1 month Chase Group of Industries released an official statement in the change of CEO as my father was ready to handover the company to me.

It took me a few weeks to get used to all the buzz and everyone knowing about me. There were people who were hurt because I didn't tell them who I was but who really cared respected my decision and stayed while other you can say I didn't try to stop them from leaving my life.

After another 3 months Chase Group of Industries and Mather Corp. released an official statement about mine and Shane's engagement without giving much details. At present there is no collaboration but we don't know what happens in the future.

Tomorrow is my wedding day. Yes you heard that right it has been 8 months since the proposal.

At present I am on the call with Shane who is acting like a child because he can't see me till the wedding and he don't want to wait for just more 15 hours.

In the end I threatened to make him sleep on the couch tomorrow on our wedding night if he doesn't stop acting like this and be patient for once.

We have seen each other just few hours back before Sam dragged him away but that man can't take a No for an answer because we wanted to go by the traditional way not seeing each other till the wedding and starts being stubborn saying he wants to spend the night with me because if what if I don't show up tomorrow.

Who will tell that man I am not going to go anywhere but be with him for the rest of my life.

I heard a knock on my door and cut the call with one final warning telling him to go to bed and stop bothering me.

My mom and dad came inside the room while mom sat on the bed beside me and dad went to sit on the couch near the window.

"Maya baby don't forget us and keep calling us or come visit us from time to time. We are happy that you choose a right man for yourself who loves you as much as we love you or if I say maybe more than us" mom said with tears in her eyes making me want to cry.

"Princess we will miss you. You grew up so fast I wish I can just keep you locked up so you wouldn't leave us. But as your mom said we are happy that you choose Shane as your life partner who loves you more than anything in this world" dad said now coming to me and added "Don't give him a hard time Maya, he is just a boy who is learning to be a man in the relationship. So give him some slack from time to time from your stubbornness which you clearly took after from your mom" teasingly which made my mom and dad banter on who is stubborn between them and after whom I took after.

I will really miss waking up to their banter and silly jokes or dad taunting mom and her getting angry and sulking to which he again pampers her.

After their banter we sat there talking about our memories and Meghan also joined us.

As it was getting late dad and mom got up to left the room to take rest for the big day tomorrow saying that they love me and will always be there for me.