CHAPTER 13

Maya's POV:

From past few days I guess everything is going wrong in my life.

First there was this thing with Kaiden who was being so different lately trying to touch me and claim me as his when I clearly stated I don't like him like that.

Then it was Shane who started ignoring me suddenly and I don't even know what I did that made him that distant suddenly. I won't say we were close before but it was somewhat better than what it is now.

And lastly Emma left to LA suddenly because there was something she was needed and her father (my uncle who is my mom's sister's husband) called asking her to come back.

Today is Christmas Eve and there is no one I am celebrating it with. My parents had to attend some party where it was compulsory for them to go and Meghan had plans with her friends when she got to know my parents won't be celebrating it with us.

I called Kerry but she said she should also go to the party with her parents and everyone in the gang is also going.

I stopped hanging out that much with Scar after our conversation that day so I kept her out of range. Danellie was celebrating with her grandparents in Atlanta so I was left alone.

Since its not good to sit at home on Christmas Eve and be alone I decided to go to Times Square and enjoy my time surrounded by people.

I parked my car and decided to just roam around the streets of Manhattan.

I was going through some shops there and just seeing around when accidently me being clumsy I bumped into someone.

When I looked up I was met with the beautiful brown eyes of Shane Mathews.

"Hey!" I said looking at him happily atleast I am not alone I thought.

"Hi" he replied in a small voice.

"What are you doing here? Didn't you have a party to go?" I asked him curious.

"How do you know about the party?" he asked in return.

"Kerry told me everyone was attending the party today" I said to which he replied with an "Oh".

I nodded and we stood there awkwardly just looking around.

"So what are you doing here?" he asked to remove the awkwardness I guess.

"My parents are busy, my sister went to her friend's place, Emma left to LA and all my friends are going to a party" I said looking down because saying things out loud showed how alone I am.

"Hey don't look like that. I am here" he said waving his hand in front of me.

"Aren't you going to the party?" I asked him confused to which he gave a negative nod.

"Why? Everyone is going. Kerry even said it was an important party" I said to him but actually it was my parents who said the party was important.

"I didn't want to" he said and "Shane Mathews is important to the parties not the other way around" he added cockily.

I rolled my eyes but nonetheless laughed at what he said.

"So what are your plans?" he asked after few minutes.

"Nothing actually, I was just going around" I said to which he just nodded.

"So would you like to come with me I have a place in mind" he said looking at me and I nodded.

"Okay come on lets go" he said grabbing my hand.

I looked at where he was holding my hands.

Seeing where I was looking he let go of my hand and said "You will love it. I promise"