CHAPTER 17

Maya's POV:

Next day morning I got up and went down for breakfast.

"Maya" I heard dad calling my name. I looked up from my breakfast to listen what he wants to say.

"You should come to office today. There is someone I would like you to meet" he said looking at me.

"Me?" I asked and he nodded.

"But you never let anyone from business know who I really am. Then why?" I asked him looking confused.

"There is an important deal which will last long even after you join the company. So I want to introduce you to them" he said and I nodded.

After that I went to my room and got ready so I could leave. The meeting is in 1 hour so dad asked me to come with him.

On the way I asked dad whom we are meeting but at the same time he got a call and we reached the office with him still on the call.

When we reached there my dad's PA met him on the half way and they went on to discuss about the meeting.

All I got from their conversation was that this meeting that we are making a deal with a company who are ready to invest and we will introduce some of our products with both names so it will give us more profits.

After few minutes dad and me along with other people from finance and legal are waiting in our conference room for the other company members to come.

Then suddenly there came a group of people and the man at the front seeing whom dad stood up to greet followed by others in the room. When I looked closely I recognised him as Mr.Mathews of Mathew Corp.

Then suddenly the door opened again and there he was Shane Mathews looking like he just came out of a business magazine cover nothing less than a Greek god.

He came inside and greeted my dad with his usual stoic face in full business mode and we took our seats.

Dad stood up again asking me to come to the front so I went near him.

"Mr.Mathews this is my eldest Maya Chase" dad said introducing me to him.

"Hello Mr.Mathews" I greeted him polietly.

"Hello dear" he said and turned to Shane and said "This is my son Shane Mathews" pointing to him.

"Hi Mr.Mathews" I greeted Shane by him surname because we are still in a meeting.

"Hi Miss.Chase" he replied smirking at me.

Our Finance manager started the meeting introducing our products and how is the demand for them in the market. The meeting continued for an hour mostly consisting about what profit each company would get and the share of the profit and other business related stuff.

At the end my dad and I signed a contract with Mr.Mathews and Shane because this agreement involves both our names too along with our dads so in future we won't have any legal issues when we take over each of our own company.

After they left dad said I can leave and he will be home later as he has some work to do.

When I reached outside our office I saw Shane leaning onto his car.

"What are you doing here?" I asked going to him.

"Waiting for you" he said now standing straight.

"How do you know I will be out? I might have been staying for a while" I asked him raising an eyebrow.

"What will you do inside there? You don't even work yet" he said pointing to the office back of me.

What he said made sense so I let it go.