CHAPTER 10

Maya's POV:

I reached the sports club and was waiting for Kerry at the entrance.

"Hey Maya!!!" Kerry came to where I was standing and hugged me.

"I missed you so much!!" she said dramatically.

"Huh! Stop acting Kerry we just met yesterday" I told her rolling my eyes.

"You had to spoil it always!" she whined like a baby making me laugh.

"Okay let us go everyone is waiting for us" she said by linking our arms and we went to the football ground.

"Hey guys!" she shouted at the people who are at the centre of the ground.

"Kerry!" someone shouted from there and I recognised the person to be Samuel Parker aka Shane's best friend.

When we reached there Sam said "Kerry man! I thought we would die here waiting for you" in a groaning voice.

"Shut up you idiot" she said hitting his head.

She turned to me and back at them after that and said "Guys this is my best friend Maya" introducing me to all the guys whose attention is on us now.

"Maya that's Sam, Nicole, Carter, Cole and Finn" she said pointing each and every one.

"Hi" I said waving at them to which they just waved back or smiled at me.

Seeing them clearly I realised all of them are of Shane's group.

Then where is he? I looked around to see if I can see him.

Don't get any ideas I am just curious that's it. Wherever Sam is there will be Shane or vice versa.

We were standing there because someone else should come so we can start our game.

Just then Kaiden texted me asking about where I am and when I said I was out with my friends he started asking where exactly I am when I didn't say anything he started saying that he should come to me and all which seemed pretty demanding considering that we are just friends.

After sometime I got irritated by him so I put my phone inside my pocket by muting his chat. When I looked up I saw Shane standing beside Sam but his eyes were on me which made me blush.

God!! I don't know why I am blushing just because he is seeing me. It is only Shane for god's sake.

I realised Kerry was not beside me so I went to stand beside her which resulted in standing between her and Shane.

"Hey Shane glad you decided to show up or else Sam would have died by waiting for you" she said to him now looking at Sam as a reply from before.

To which he just laughed and I died there. Because one it was the first time I saw Shane laughing ever in all these months and two his laugh was the most beautiful one I ever heard in my life and that is something because I have seen so many people's laugh.

"I guess there is no need for introductions here" she said in a teasing way which made me glare at her from side.

"Hi" I said slowly to which he replied with a "Hey".

"Okay guys it is time to divide the team. I and Finn will be the captains of each team so we get to select the teammates" Kerry said loudly so everyone could hear.

Everyone nodded their heads in agreement but I could still feel Shane's eyes on me which I am trying to ignore as much as I can.

"Okay let us make the toss on who will go first" said Shane.