CHAPTER 20

Maya's POV:

Today morning when I woke up and checked my phone I got a message from Shane saying he will pick me at 11 at my house.

I got up immediately to get ready because now it is already 10:15 and I have only 45 minutes left.

For today's outfit I took out black jeans with a crop top and a jacket on it as it is cool outside.

After getting ready I went down and saw that my mom was reading a weekly magazine.

"Hey Mom!" I went and greeted her.

"Morning Maya I see that you are going somewhere" she said looking at me up and down.

"Yeah to meet my friends for lunch" I told her and sat beside her as there is still 5 minutes time.

"Friend or Boyfriend?" she asked teasingly.

"Friends and him so we can tell them you know.." I trailed off and she nodded.

At the same time my phone rang when I was about to answer it mom said "Tell him to come inside. I would like to meet him" to which I nodded.

"Hey" I said into the phone and added "Mom is asking you to come inside"

"Now?" he asked and I replied with a "Yeah"

"Doesn't it be awkward?" he asked again.

"Just come" I told and cut the call.

The intercom rang in which the security asked if he should let Shane inside and I replied to let him in.

The doorbell rang indicating his arrival and I opened it for him.

"Are you sure about this?" he asked still standing at the door.

"Yes! Now come on" I said turning to go in and he followed me inside.

"Hello Mrs.Chase" he greeted seeing my mom.

"Hello dear. It's been so long since I saw you" mom said smiling at him and gesturing him to sit.

"So I heard now you are my daughter's boyfriend" she said raising an eyebrow.

"Yes" he said so confidently. If I was in his place I would be a stuttering mess.

"Paul!" my shouted loudly and he came running down the stairs.

I thought he left to office. Why is he here at this time?

"What happened?" he came running and when he saw Shane he stopped.

"Why did you shout my name?" he asked looking at my mom.

"Just so you will meet Shane" she said looking between both.

"There was no need to shout for that Ursula I thought something happened" he said frustrated.

"What will happen in a house surrounded by almost 10 security people and 5 body guards?" she asked as if he has lost his mind.

"Ursula!" he said seriously but backed down seeing her expression.

"So Shane how are you son?" he asked turning to him diverting from mom's stare.

"I am good Mr.Chase" he replied politely.

"Can we talk for a second?" dad asked looking between me and Shane.

"Dad No!" I said and the same time mom interjected with a "Paul No! Not now."

"Okay" he sighed and added "But we will have a talk when they return from wherever they are going"

"Okay" mom said and I nodded.