The One With All the Chaos

-Mission Creek, California-
Third Person's POV:

"It's actually kinda nice being back." Zadie smiled as she and Chase walked up the driveway of the Wesley-Whellis' house.

Chase stifled a laugh, "Zadie, you've only been gone for a month."

"Yeah...but it's hard." She whined as she opened the door.

Jamie greeted them as soon as they walked in, "Hey, guys." She hugged them. "How's Illinois been?"

"It's been good. Kinda boring." Zadie told her. "I didn't realize how boring it would be without some kind of bionic madman or one of Davenport's inventions trying to kill us everyday."

Chase nodded sarcastically adding, "yeah, because fearing for your life was just so enjoyable."

"I'd rather worry about a bionic madman than my calculus grade."

Jamie rolled her eyes, "I'm so happy you guys are in town for the weekend."

Zadie nodded, "Yeah, it worked out really well. I scheduled my eye doctor appointment for tomorrow morning, and then Del texted about the baby shower."

"I'm really looking forward to it. I thought it was so sweet when Delta sent that text." Jamie smiled, "You're going too, Chase?"

Chase scrunched his face, "Um, I didn't think guys' usually go to those kind of things."

"Donald, Douglas, Leo, and Adam are planning to go."

"Why? Chase is right-- it is a baby shower." Zadie agreed.

"Do you really think Donald would give up a chance to be in the middle of any kind of party?"

"Fair point." Chase shrugged. "I guess we'll both be there, then."

"Great." Jamie smiled.

"Well, Chase and I have dinner reservations, so I'm gonna go change." Zadie informed, before turning to Chase, "don't forget to give Jamie the copy of the title for your Jeep."

Zadie went up the stairs as Chase nodded, reaching to pull his wallet out of his back pocket.

Jamie huffed, "I'm still working on getting everything organized even three years after Wes died. That man had so many papers."

It wasn't just his wallet, he accidentally dropped a ring that was in his pocket too.

Jamie quickly noticed, but didn't think much of it at first, "hey, you dropped one of Zadie's rings." She bent down to pick it up before Chase could. "Wait." She realized, causing Chase to sigh. "Is this what I think it is?"

He smiled, "that's the reason that I couldn't let Zadie read the Wes' letter he left me in his will."

"He gave you this ring?"

"And I'm giving it to Zadie..." Chase nodded, "tonight. After dinner."

Jamie brought him into a quick hug. "Wes would be so happy."

Zadie's POV:

"I cannot believe we came back here." I grinned as we entered the same restaurant as years ago, before lightly gasping. "Oh, no. Chase, I don't have a ring."

"What? What ring?" He asked...kind of awkwardly.

I laughed, "my wedding ring. Don't you remember the last time we came here, you proposed. According to this place, we've been married almost four years."

Chase sighed, "right."

"Honestly, we're kinda starting to act like an old married couple, too." I joked as we were seated.