The One With the Intruder

-The Terrace-
Zadie's POV:

It was Friday, so I decided to skip class and sleep in at the penthouse until about noon. Bree, Skylar, and I had lunch outside at the table while Kaz made his food on the floor. Little gross, but I'm sure Adam's done grosser. 

"Kaz, buddy, there's plenty of room over here. You don't have to eat on the floor." Chase told him as he sat down at the table with us. 

Kaz stood up, holding a rake with hot dogs on it. "I'm not eating on the floor. I'm preparing my food on the floor."

"Ooh, my favorite. Hot dogs on a rake." Oliver smiled. 

Bree frowned in disgust, "wow. You actually made tubes of random animal parts even more disgusting."

"Hey, they only look gross because I haven't grilled them yet." Kaz used his fire powers are Oliver turned the rake. 

"You know, I'd rather have a grilled rake hot dog than a microwaved hot dog."

"Who microwaves their hot dogs?" Chase judged. 

"Leo. He also eats 'em with milk."

"Who's disgusting now?" Kaz turned toward Bree before pulling something out of his mouth. "Oh, wet leaf."

"Yeah, you do know I just used that rake to clean the gutters, right?" Skylar stated. 

They were unphased. Oliver shrugged, "mm, you can taste yesterday's rain."

Skylar stood up and sighed, "you boys are ridiculous. Your powers are a gift. You shouldn't be wasting them on trivial things."

"Yeah, you guys are always using your powers when you don't have to. Yesterday Oliver flew across the street just to go to the grocery store." Bree pointed out. Eh, she's used her powers for less.

"That was an emergency. We were out of Fruit Loops." Kaz justified. "And you know what, for your information, girls are just as bad. When Mr. Davenport called, you used your vocal manipulation to pretend to be me."

"Okay, calm down. All I said was... Bree's not here, stop calling, old man." She sounded like Kaz. 

"Oh, so you made me look bad?" 

Bree nodded, "yes, that was the goal. And yes, I occasionally use bionics to make my life easier. But I can stop whenever I want. You guys are the ones that have no control."

"Oh, really?" Kaz scoffed, "well, then I propose a challenge. Guys versus girls to see who can go the longest without using bionic abilities or superpowers. Last man or woman standing wins."

Bree stood up, shaking his hand, "you're on."

Chase and Skylar were next to put their hands in. 

"I'm in."

"Me too."

"I just wanna touch Skylar's hand," Oliver added his last. 

Damn, really wishing I still had my bionics. You know how easily the girls would win. I used to never use them other than missions...and shocking Leo. 

"You ladies are going down. I mean, when you calculate the statistical odds and factor in the lopsided ratio of the three of us against the two of you, the boys have an 86.37 percent chance of winning."

I stood up, crossing my arms and smirking, "Mhm, and how exactly did you calculate those odds?"

He looked to me, then back to the others, "Yeah, I'm out." 

"Now it's even. Good luck, girls." I followed Chase down to mission command. 

"Hey, Douglas, whatcha up to?"