The One With The Pomegranate Margaritas

-Communications 1120 Lecture-

Third Person's POV:

After doodling instead of taking notes the whole time, Zadie was thrilled when the professor dismissed early. She was sliding her laptop into her backpack when someone walked up to her seat in the lecture hall.

"Hey," A guy who typically sat behind her greeted, "You're Zadie, right?"

She nodded, "uh, yeah. Sorry, have we met?"

He smiled slyly, "I'm Jake," as he held out his hand to hers. 

"You look really familiar." She tried to think where she knew him from. 

"We had a group project together a few weeks ago. But I'm pretty sure your boyfriend did all the work for us."

"Right, Jake Engles?" Zadie remembered, going on to joke, "Well, if you're looking for another group project to be done in ten minutes, I don't have that luxury anymore." 

"Actually, I was hoping you'd go to a Halloween party with me this weekend..."

"Oh." She seemed pleasantly surprised. 

"If you don't have plans already."

"Well, If you don't call watching all Friday the 13th's movies while eating a bag of candy to myself, then I'm free."

Jake grinned, "cool. Let me get your number and I'll text you. It's Saturday at 10, but we're pregaming at mine before."

"Cool." Zadie smirked, trying to hide a full smile, as she quickly added her contact to his phone. "Text me whenever."

"I will." Jake slid the phone back in his pocket. "I'll catch ya later."

Zadie waved, then went back to her own phone, immediately calling Delta as she walked out of the class building. 

"Hey, what's up?" Delta answered. 

"We got a lot to catch up on."

A speaker was heard in the background of the call. "Well, I'm about to board the plane to come to you, so we can just catch up over dinner."

Zadie had completely forgotten that Delta had planned to visit this weekend. "Yeah, uh- yeah, totally. Just got so...excite-"

"You forget I was coming, didn't you?"

Zadie sighed, "it's been a long few days."

"Is this still a good weekend? I'm here- about to get on the plane actually-, but I can exchange my ticket for a different date."

"No! No, I could really use dinner with my best friend."

It was almost like Zadie could feel Delta's warm smile on the other end of the phone. "Okay. I'm boarding now. So, you wanna pick me up when I land?"

"Yeah, of course. Just text me your flight info and I'll be there."

"Cool. I'll see you soon, Z."

"Yeah, see ya soon." Zadie grinned.

-Zadie's Dorm-

Zadie was nearly ready to leave for the airport later that afternoon.

"So, you're sure you're good with my friend staying here this weekend?" Zadie checked with Reese. 

"Oh, yeah. I don't care. I'll probably be in an out so much, I won't even notice."

"Cool, just let-" A pounding at the door interrupted the roommates' conversation. Being in the city, Zadie didn't know what it could be, so she grabbed the bat hidden behind the bedframe, preparing to do what she needed to.