The One On the Other Planet

-Caldera-
Zadie's POV:

My back hurt like a bitch, but that was the least of my worries. Bree, Oliver, Skylar and I were trapped in a cell on another planet.

"What happened?" Oliver was the first to sit up.

Bree lent a hand in helping me to my feet.

"Scarlett used her power to trigger some kind of subterranean shock wave."

"Is that just a fancy way of saying she made the ground-..." I made a motion with my hands.

Skylar nodded, "To put it simply, sure. Either way, the three of you are lucky to be alive."

"Wait. So, you and I are trapped together in a tiny jail cell?" Oliver checked, "I'm not alive, I'm in Heaven!"

"Yeah, well, we're here too, so don't get weird." Bree told him.

Skylar brushed the conversation off, slightly panicking, "Scarlett's gonna be back any minute. We have to get out of here."

"Use your powers to form a space portal and take us back to Earth. Unless, you know...you just wanna stay here and make this our cozy little home." Oliver, in attempts to be cool, leaned against the cell wall. It shocked him. "Wow, that hurt! What was that?"

Bree and I shared a laugh.

"I don't know. Maybe you should try it again." I suggested, jokingly.

Skylar pointed, "the force running through those bars makes our powers useless."

"Great. Scarlett destroyed the wormhole transporter, so we're stuck on Caldera."

Scarlett appeared on the screen, "It's your own fault for coming here."

"You know there are a million other Calderans. Why do you need Skylar?" Bree questioned.

Oliver stood in front of the screen, "Yeah, you don't want her. Take Zadie." I turned on my heel, glaring. "Somebody's gotta take the hit. Thanks for stepping up."

"Scarlett's apart of the opposition, and they want me to help them take over the planet." Skylar answered Bree's question to Scarlett.

"And once we do, Caldera will finally be powerful enough to rule the universe."

Bree squeezed her hands together, "Totally hear ya, really respect your drive. But where do we fit in on your little to-do list?"

Scarlett looked almost confused while answering, "Oh, I'm not in control of your fates. Skylar is."

"What do you mean?"

"It's simple. Join the opposition, and I'll release them."

"And if I don't?"

"Then you'll watch as I destroy them. Slowly and painfully." She grinned. "The choice is yours, Skylar. Let's see how much you really care about your human friends."

It'd been at least an hour, maybe more. Skylar sat, thinking. Bree eyed every inch of the cell. Oliver paced. And I thought about how I really needed to pee.

"I can't believe we're gonna be killed by your alien bestie. No offense, but sometimes I wish you were just a simple girl from the Midwest."

Bree angrily hit the screen, interrupting Oliver's pacing. "Oh, come on!"

"What are you doing?" I looked up.

"Every time Scarlett pops up on here, it gets worse and worse for us, so, I'm trying to unplug the stupid thing."