The One With the Holiday Mayhem

-The Davenport's, Mission Creek-
Delta's POV:

I was so excited to come home for Christmas break. I made sure to finish my last exam so I could come home and surprised everyone a day early. I love LSU, but I love being with my family and Adam even more. Plus, the holidays were always fun...well, when they weren't on missions or making kids' toys into weapons.

"Hello!" I smiled, opening the door to the Davenport's, expecting to see everyone. It was only Tasha. "Oh."

"Oh, to you too." She sarcastically smiled.

"Sorry, I was just expecting everyone."

"Adam's on his way." She told me, setting something on a pan.

I walked over to the kitchen counter. "Ooh, are you making Oreo balls?" Tasha wasn't great in the kitchen, but when it came to desserts, she was the absolute best at them.

"Mhm. Figured they'd be good for dinner Friday."

"Right." I nodded, "That's gonna be awkward."

"Why do you say that?"

"Because of everything with Zadie and Chase. You did hear about that, right?"

"Yeah. I heard when Donald went to bail her out of jail." Tasha shook her head, "have you talked to Zadie? Jamie said she wasn't coming home."

"What?!"

"Yep. She said Zadie decided to spend the holidays in Texas with her dad's side of the family." Tasha placed the platter in the fridge.

My jaw dropped, "Zadie's going to Texas? She didn't even tell me."

Tasha bit her lip, "Jamie also told me she's going there to check out college's. She's talking about moving there."

I blinked, "I'm sorry, what? She can't. Northwestern has literally been her dream school. Plus, Mission Creek is her home. She can't move there."

She shrugged, "I think she just wants space. I know the breakup must've been hard, especially since Chase cheated on her."

"What?!"

Tasha and I made eye-contact both of our eyes wide. "Did Zadie not tell you?"

"No." I was speechless. "I can't believe- I- just...what the fuck?"

"Language...but I know." Tasha nodded. "Donald told me. He didn't want me to mention it, but I figured Zadie must've told you out of all people."

"Nope." I looked down.

"She's probably just embarrassed, or she didn't want you and Adam to turn against Chase. They are brothers."

"Yeah, but still. Zadie's basically my sister. She's supposed to tell me everything."

"I'm sorry, sweetie."

"It's not me you should be sorry for." I told her.

"I'm sure she'll come around. She wouldn't actually move to Texas, would she?"

I shrugged, "Didn't think she'd get arrested either. I have to go see her."

"Whoa, whoa. You're gonna go to Texas two days before Christmas?"

"I have to. Zadie's clearly not in a right headspace to be making a decision this big."

Tasha light-heartedly smiled, "Delta, she probably didn't tell you because she didn't want you to worry. She'll tell you when she feels ready. But for now, I think you should leave her be."

"Hey, honey, do you know when Leo plans on getting back from Texas?" Davenport walked down the stairs. Tasha shot him a look. "...Roadhouse. Texas Roadhouse in Mission Creek. Yeah, they just opened one. The rolls with the honey butter are incredible. Actually, that's where I'm headed now for a lunch meeting. Bye, Tasha."