The One With the Superhero Code

-The Penthouse-
Bree's POV:

I was headed downstairs from my room to grab lunch when Chase stopped me in the hall. "Hey, Bree, can I talk to you about something? Before Zadie gets here."

I shrugged, "yeah, I guess. As long as it's not anything weird. Between her and Delta, I already know way too much about you and Adam."

Chase shook his head uncomfortably, "what? No. If I tell you this, you have to promise to not tell anyone else."

"Okay." I agreed. "I'm not that bad at keeping secrets."

"Yes, you are. But there's been too many close calls." He handed me an engagement ring. Oh my gosh. "Zadie's almost found it, and if I keep it with me much longer, she will find it. I just need you to hold on to it until I'm ready to give it to her."

"I can do that." I jumped at the opportunity.

"But you can't tell her."

I scoffed, "I know, I know. I promise I won't."

"Good." He handed it to me. It was so pretty. "Her dad gave it to me in his will."

"That's really sweet." I smiled, huffing, "I wanna get engaged."

"First you have to get a boyfriend."

"Don't remind me."

Zadie's POV:

I headed over to the penthouse after my second class of the day. I really didn't have that bad of a schedule. I had three classes back to back Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays 9 a.m. to 11:50 a.m. and two online classes.

I would usually head to the penthouse for lunch after my last class on Monday, Wednesdays, and Fridays, and I was real glad today was Friday.

"Zadie's here." I announced to Oliver and Skylar, who were in the kitchen, as I walked into the penthouse.

"Thanks for the warning." Oliver joked.

I scoffed, as I sat down at the kitchen island, "I'm gracing you people with my presence."

"If that's what you want to call it." Oliver muttered, finishing making lunch.

"Oh, hey, Zadie." Bree greeted as she and Chase walked down the stairs, causing me to turn. "We didn't hear you come in."

"How could you not?" Oliver quipped, "she announced herself upon arrival." I turned back around, glaring. "Lunch is ready."

"I'll grab the plates." Chase went to go behind the island.

Oliver blocked him, "oh, just like you grabbed the heart of the girl I love?"

I took a bite of carrot, joking, "kind of a weird time to confess your love for me, but okay."

"I wasn't talking about you. I meant Skylar."

"Really?" I sarcastically gasped. "You don't say."

"Oliver, are you still not over me getting Skylar her powers back?" Chase uncomfortably asked. I don't really know why it's such a big deal to Oliver. Like I get that he wanted to get her powers back, but there's literally nothing between Chase and Skylar for him to be jealous over.

"Nope. And you'll notice your tomato slice is very thin." Oliver snapped. Ooh, oh no.

"Wow. You showed him." Bree commented.

"Yeah! I also skimped on his lettuce." Oliver added.

Bree mockingly put her hands to her head, "oh, no, stop the madness." She then went behind the counter, "I will get the plates." When she opened the cabinet door, the plates fell out...well, pieces of the plates. I stood on my toes to look over. "Why are they all broken? What happened?"