Part 53

"What happened?"

"What was that sound earlier?"

The elves gathered at the village's entrance as soon as they heard the explosion. However, they couldn't see anything because Zoella made an illusion along her barrier.

Even Eirwen and the elves that followed them earlier couldn't see it. Only Zoella could see through the barrier.

Zoella clenched her fist tightly to calm her nerve. This situation was really dangerous even if Hayes was here. He was all alone facing six black mages.

"Who would've thought I will have the chance to meet the youngest 5th-grade mage? Should I say it's an honor, Hayes Castor?"

One of the black mages sneered. Just hearing his voice made Hayes fed up already. 

"Shut your crap."

Hayes unsheathed his sword and channeled his mana in it. The sword glowed red as if it was surrounded by flame.

"Keep spreading your mana."

Right after he said that Hayes started to fight the black mages. Hayes's red mana collided with the black mana. For a second, Zoella was hypnotized by the sight that she almost forgot to spread her mana.

Hayes went all out with his enormous amount of mana as he fought them. Even though the black mages didn't have any weapons with them, it didn't mean Hayes could easily defeat them.

In fact, he was quite overwhelmed in this fight.

"Aaarghh!"

Two black mages died.

"How dare you!"

Another black mage shot his mana to Hayes. It was so strong that Hayes's mana shield was almost broken.

BOOM!

"Teacher!"

"Tch!"

If Hayes was late even a second later, his body might be perished by now. He was lucky that he could still dodge it even though he injured his right hand, right eye, and temple in the process.

Hayes couldn't see well with her right eye closed. He was a right-handed person but now he needed to use his left hand.

Hayes dashed over the black mages while dodging their attacks. He stabbed his sword at a black mage's heart while strangling the other with his mana.

He pulled out his sword after making sure he had died and slowly stabbed the other one.

"Aaarghh!"

Before the black mage could launch his attack, Hayes's mana tied him tightly. Hayes's outstretched hand clenched as the black mage screamed his last breath. He released his mana when he could no longer feel the black mage's heartbeat.

BOOM!

Zoella's body shook when she felt her barrier was attacked. The black mage was trying to break through the barrier. But he failed no matter how hard he tried.

When he was about to attack again, his eyes met Zoella's. Zoella could see his evil grin before he changed his aim to Zoella's direction.

Zoella's mind conflicted. If she were to make a shield to block it then she would need all mana she had. The village could be in danger if she did that. But if she didn't, her life was on the line.

When the black mana was only about a meter away, Zoella squeezed her eyes waiting for the impact to hit her.

However, she didn't feel anything. Zoella opened her eyes slowly to find the black mana had disappeared while the black mage's body was pierced by Hayes's sword.