Chapter Sixteen

Kingsley felt like his head was spinning.

He walked back home after that last drink with Lorenzo, which he didn't even finish. He had basically thrown himself at the man, giving him an open invitation to fuck him. And what did Lorenzo say to that?

'It's getting late, I think you should head home now, Mr. Kingsley.'

Kingsley knew he couldn't trust himself to be alone at that moment. He was going to end up drinking a whole bottle and then do something he'd most likely regret in the morning. So, he called the one person he trusted to keep him in check.

"Come over. Bring Kai too," Kingsley said as soon as Roan picked up the call.

"I just got back from work and I'm tired. I'll see you tomorrow," Roan replied.

"If you come over then I'll let you borrow my car whenever you want. For the next three months," Kingsley offered.

He knew if he just told Roan he wanted a friend, the blond would come over in an instant. But that just wasn't Kingsley's style. He also knew about Roan's obsession with cars, and that he loved Kingsley's Rolls Royce.

"You evil, evil man. We'll be there in thirty," Roan said before hanging up.

Kingsley poured himself a drink as he waited for his friends to show up. They were late, and finally after about an hour, the doorbell rang. Kingsley opened the door and let the two in. There was a bright glow on Kai's face, and a cheeky smirk on Roan's. Kingsley knew what it meant.

"I know I said you can borrow my car whenever, but if I find any stains in the backseat then you're buying me a new one," Kingsley said.

"Sure, I'll just sell my kidney and whatever other organs I can spare," Roan replied.

"All except one," Kai winked at his husband, causing Kingsley to nearly gag.

"Not in my house, please, leave your lovey dovey bullshit at the door." Kingsley groaned as the three entered the massive living room.

"Sorry," Kai grinned, "but not sorry."

"Disgusting," Kingsley muttered, making the two laugh. They knew he meant well.

"So, this was short notice," Roan said.

"Can't a guy wish to hang out with his friends?" Kingsley rose a brow, "besides, I didn't want to drink alone."

"Since when do you care about drinking alone?" Roan asked. He was always perceptive of things, so Kingsley wasn't surprised he caught on to the fact that the dark haired man had an ulterior motive.

"Fine," Kingsley sighed, "I may or may not want to vent about something..."

"Let me make us all a drink first."

Roan did exactly that. Kingsley drank the entire thing in a single go, before starting on with his rant. He told the two husbands everything that went down with him and Lorenzo, since the start. Keeping it all in was troubling him ever more, and he sighed in relief once he was done narrating the events.

"Wow."

"Okay, again, how many million did you spend just so Lorenzo would get to keep his job?" Kai asked, clearly in shock.

"That's not the point," Kingsley said, "and I didn't do it for him. I told you, I just didn't want some old bald guy bossing me around. I did it for me."

"Yeah, keep telling yourself that," Kai scoffed.

"What do you want?" Roan asked.

"What do you mean?" Kingsley was confused.