Bonus Chapter - Too Old To Be On My Knees

"Maya! Come back here!" Kingsley yelled, watching as the young girl ran down the aisle. "Roan is going to kill me if I lose his daughter."

"Probably," Lorenzo shrugged casually.

"Uh, hello? Help, please? Go chase after her," Kingsley ordered, making Lorenzo chuckle as he motioned forward. Kingsley sighed in relief when he saw Leo walking towards them with his younger sister in his arms.

"I told you not to bring her to the mall without her leash," Leo joked.

"Maya, sweetie, if you stay with us then I'll get you that limited edition remote control car you wanted, okay?" Kingsley spoke as he bent down on his knees to face her. Maya hummed, her expression thoughtful as if she was contemplating the idea.

"Reece! You cannot bribe children like this!" Lorenzo exclaimed.

"But I'm her uncle, it's my job to spoil—"

"Kai and Roan are going to be mad if you—"

"Uncle Enzo, Leo," Maya cut both of them. "This is between Uncle King and I. Uncle King, I accept your deal."

Maya and Kingsley shook hands, professional expressions on their face before Kingsley broke, flashing a grin and swooping Maya to sit on top of his shoulders as they headed to the next store.

Kingsley had to pretty much beg Roan and Kai to let him take the kids out. The last time he did so, he may have gone just a tiny bit overboard and the two siblings went back home with roughly fifteen shopping bags each. Kingsley made sure to keep the receipts to himself since he knew the husbands would try to return the gifts.

He ended up getting a very long lecture by them to not spoil the kids. But what choice did Kingsley have? He and Lorenzo had decided that they were going to be childfree. Lorenzo did not have any nieces and nephews yet, though Javi's wife was pregnant with twins so there were soon going to be more little ones that Kingsley could be the best Uncle to.

So this time, after reassuring his friends that he won't buy the kids the entire mall, they agreed on the condition that Lorenzo tags along too. Knowing that the older man would keep his boyfriend in check.

The four spent hours at the mall, going from one store to another before stopping at the arcade. Kingsley and Leo were playing air hockey, and the older man grunted in frustration when he lost three matches in a row. Leo smiled victoriously before taking Maya to one of the bear claw machines she wanted to try out.

Kingsley glanced at Lorenzo, flashing him a challenging look.

"Game? Whoever wins gets to choose where we go for vacation next," Kingsley said. "And also the winner tops tonight."

"You're on," Lorenzo agreed, ecstatic about the deal after seeing just how terrible Kingsley was at playing.

However, much to Lorenzo's surprise, as if a sudden switch was flicked— Kingsley was destroying his ass. Figuratively, and he quite literally would too later that night if the match kept going like this.

In the end, Lorenzo ended up losing. The man stared at the scoreboard in shock, he really couldn't figure out how it happened until he saw the sly smirk on his boyfriend's face.

"Did you just...cheat?" Lorenzo questioned, making Kingsley gasp dramatically.

"How dare you," Kingsley exhaled lowly. "I did not cheat! I... hustled you."

"Hustled?"

"Made you think I was horrible by intentionally losing against Leo so that you would accept my challenge," Kingsley explained. Lorenzo blinked in confusion, before gently shaking his head at the other man.