Bonus Chapter - The Interview

"So."

"So."

"College is over now, huh?" Kai said.

Kai, Roan, and Kingsley, along with another friend of theirs, Jeremy, were at Kingsley's penthouse post their convocation ceremony. They were now officially college degree holders, ready to step into the adult world.

"Can't believe we're going to have to...work full time now," Jeremy said. "A nine to five corporate job that will suck out our entire will to live. No more frat parties. No more binge drinking and flirting with a different chick every night."

"Um—"

"Or flirting with guys," Jeremy continued as he glanced at the three men he was sitting with.

"Speak for yourselves, I have another certification to get so my days of studying aren't over," Kai shrugged.

"Fair," Jeremy hummed, "this just applies to Ro and I then."

"You forgetting that I'm here too?" Kingsley spoke up.

"Yeah but...you don't really need to work. Your parents are loaded," Jeremy pointed out as he looked around the massive living room.

The 80-inch television, a shelf full of every video game you could imagine, a fluffy rug that probably cost more than the others' one month of rent; Kingsley's penthouse was, in the simplest of words, a very expensive-looking bachelor pad.

"I don't plan on sitting in my bed all day and burning through my parents' money," Kingsley muttered.

"Then you can just ask them for a job," Jeremy shrugged. "Sit in a corner office and boss people around."

Kingsley frowned slightly, and he couldn't help but feel offended that his friend thought about him the way he did. Sure, he had money. But he didn't want to be a freeloader for the rest of his life. He did want to work and make a career for himself. Even if it wasn't necessary for him to do so, and he had much easier options, thanks to nepotism, Kingsley did want to do something on his own.

"Shut up, Jer, you literally took your mom with you to your dentist appointment last week," Roan interrupted, sensing some tension in the room.

"Dentists are scary," Jeremy muttered in his defense before taking a long gulp of his beer.

Even though Kingsley had stopped throwing parties, he invited a few people over who ended up calling even more. Soon enough, there was loud music playing and alcohol flowing in his penthouse. He was glad that he was the only one that lived on the top floor.

Kingsley tried to enjoy the party, but what Jeremy had said earlier that evening kept nagging him. Kingsley never really doubted his self-esteem, if anything he was always bordering on overconfidence. But Jeremy's words made him wonder if he was good or smart enough to do something...anything on his own.

"Tequila for your thoughts?" Roan asked as he handed Kingsley a shot glass. Both of them downed the drink, sending a familiar burning sensation down their throat.

"What Jeremy said—"

"He was just being an idiot," Roan cut him off. "Don't pay him any mind."

"I know, but...I mean he's not exactly wrong," Kingsley sighed, "I probably will just end up asking my dad for a job."

"Do you want to do that?"

"Not really," Kingsley answered.

"Then stop sulking and start applying for jobs. It's that simple," Roan said. "I know a few places that are hiring. SoulTech, Kaufman Enterprises, Salazar Tech...these are just the ones I can think of at the top of my head so start looking into them."