Suspensions

"Alright, you're done" Mikage handed a towel towards you and looked away as you got out the barrel.
You huffed and pouted "all that was too much, I could've really took a bath by myself"
"After I cleaned the shrine? Absolutely not" Tomoe shouted draining the barrel.
"Whatever" you scoffed wrapping yourself in the towel. Your tail shook removing the excess water, then hung low. "Now can I go inside?"
"Yes, you can" Mikage smiled cheekily
"Fresh clothes are in your room" Tomoe brushed himself off, tying up a sleeve that became unraveled
"Yeah yeah yeah" you waved them off.

Just as you turned into the shrine you heard Mikage whisper to Tomoe "when did she get the tail?"
Tomoe replied "just today"
Hearing them talk about your new tail so bluntly, you wanted to grab the door and slam it shut, but your tail beat you to it and done it for you. Nearly slamming itself into it. You huffed and continued to your room.

"Onikiri?" You shouted
POOF
"Yes my lady?" Onikiri floated behind you
"Help me get dressed, I'm feeling down today"
"Of course" she replied

You sat there as she dressed you, helping you out on your house kimono and foot wear, she disappeared back into the air. And you immediately took of your shoes, as it didn't feel right to wear. You were more comfortable barefoot. Wiggling your toes as you looked at them. Perfectly clean, pink to the touch.
You thought "Tomoe and Mikage really helped me clean myself off, and I choose to be barefoot and dirty them again?.. no" you shook your head at your thought and put on your footwear.
You brushed your hair, finding Tomoes hair pin he gifted you beside your bed. Even though it didn't match your outfit, you decided to wear it, putting your hair half up into a bun with the hairpin and draping the rest of the hair swiftly around your shoulders. You laid in bed enjoying the silence for one, until you started to hear footsteps coming down the hall.

"Y/N?!" Tomoe called
You stood up, and walked out of your room, looking at your feet making sure not to misstep. Bumping into Tomoe as you stepped out.
"Hello" you pulled away, fixing your hairpin.
"Good. You're dressed. We're leaving with Mikage." He ordered
"Okay?" You questioned
Tomoe quickly grabbed your arm and rushed you behind him outside where Mikage waiting.
"A floating carriage?" You asked
Just as Tomoe leaped into the carriage, you quickly grabbed the bottom of his kimono, lifting you up behind him.
"What are you doing?" He shouted
"What? You tell me to come but then leave me behind?" You shouted back
"Calm down" Mikage calmly said "let's go"
"Where are we going?" You asked sitting down in the corner
"A little errand" he replied flipping through a book
"Errand?" You questioned
"Right" Tomoe added
You sat there annoyed already.

After a while, the carriages lowered into a field. Tomoe and Mikage jumped out, and you followed.
Nervous as to what's ahead, you unconsciously grabbed onto Tomoe looking around beside you.
Following Mikage. Entering a large palace.

"Ookuninushi." Mikage lowly said
"Lord Mikage! Welcome!" He shouted cheerfully
"Hello" Mikage replied waving you and Tomoe off as they had a private conversation

You followed Tomoe to another room. You sat down in a couch and looking around in silence. Catching a glimpse of Tomoe trying to take a peep onto the conversation.
"I don't think that very polite of you Tomoe" you said cockily
"Shush" he scoffed pulling away from the door. "I just wanted to know what they were talking about"
"No need to explain yourself.. sooner or later he might tell you on his own" you added
Tomoe sitting on the couch far from you, crossing your arms.
"Hm" you hummed "don't you have a tiny crush on me?"
"CANT you be any louder" he shouted
"Oh shut up" you giggled
Your tails flicked at the same time. Catching notice your grabbed yours and laid it on your lap.

Time flew by, and Mikage came and retrieved you both from the room.
"Let's go, that's all for today" he stated
"That's it?! Why did I come?!" Tomoe yelled
You just giggled, noticing Ookuninushi from a far staring at your direction. You unconsciously grabbed onto tomoe and stared back. He just smirked and walked away.
Confused, you noticed you was grabbing onto Tomoe. Pulling away, he didn't notice since he was arguing with Mikage.
The ride home was quite silent.

"What was that about?" You asked
"Oh nothing, I just wanted you both with me"
You scoffed and giggled
Tomoe still upset. Rolling his eyes.
"He stared ya know.. is that normal?" You added
"Oh yes" Mikage replied smiling
His energy reassured you.

Dinner rolls around, and you accidentally gotten drunk again. You excused yourself from the table to wash up and rejoin.
Coming back to the table, Mikage has left and his area was cleaned out. Tomoe still sitting, you joined him and finished eating.
Shyly looking up at him. Seeing him already blushing looking down at his food.
In silence you finished eating and cleaned your area and went into the kitchen.
Tomoe followed behind soon after.
He set his plates on the counter. And gently slammed in behind you. Pinning you against the sink.
"What?" You groaned "you're heavy"
Tomoes warm breath trailed your shoulder.
"I..-" he stuttered
"Are you drunk?" You laughed "you barely, rarely drink"
You turned off the water and turned to see his face. Tomoe leaned in closer.
You struggled to move his hair out his face, drunk as well.
"You are drunk!" You slapped his shoulder "go to sleep, Tomoe"
"I can't, if I'm not with you" he mumbled
You're stunned he even replied quickly and without missing a beat. You pulled away, stepping to the door.
"You can sleep next to me, but don't touch me" being kind you allowed him even in your room.
Tomoe just nodded, and followed you to your room, and laid next to you.