CHAPTER 75

Xu Zhao drove a tractor, brought Xu Fan and Dad Dazhuang to the county seat, and called on Cui Qingfeng to sell vegetables at the vegetable market again. However, today is not at the East Street Market, but at the West Street Market, no matter which market Vegetables are in short supply at this time in this era, so before the market strike, a tractor's vegetables were all sold out again.

Xu Zhao took Xu Fan and Dad Dazhuang home happily. When he got home, he heard from Xu's mother that Xu Zuocheng was a little sick this time.

"Why?" Xu Zhao asked in surprise.

"I heard that he has to support him for ten days and a half a month this time." Xu's mother said.

Xu Zhao said with a little guilty conscience, "That's fine."

Mother Xu said: "This New Year's Eve is so sick that I can't even eat a bit of meat and fish. I don't know how I got sick. I heard people say that it's a cold disease, and it's not that I don't wear clothes. Such a big person. I don't know if it's cold or hot? How can I be cold, have a fever and cough? I think, maybe his heart is too dark, and when he walks at night, he encounters dirty things."

The dirty things here are some evil ghosts in Nanwan Village, and they are very superstitious.

Xu Zhao was silent. Regarding what happened yesterday, Xu's mother, like everyone else in the village, only knew that there was a thief stealing vegetables, but she didn't know that the thief was Xu Zuocheng, and she didn't know that Xu Zuocheng fell ill last night after being planted in the ditch.

Mother Xu didn't bother about Xu Zuocheng's illness, but instead said, "By the way, Xu Zhao, I have something to tell you."

Xu Zhao looked at Xu's mother and asked, "What's the matter? Tell me."

Mother Xu asked, "People in the village buy our vegetables, do we sell them?"

"Sell it." Xu Zhao said, "It's all money, why not make it?"

"How do you sell it? How much is a pound?"

"Cut in half." Xu Zhao said.

"Is it too much to fold in half?" Mother Xu was reluctant.

Xu Zhao said: "Then let's take a 20% discount. Originally, the dishes for the Chinese New Year are more than the usual ones. We can also make a lot of money with the 20% discount. If someone comes to sell it, you can sell it at the 20% discount price."

"Okay." Mother Xu nodded and asked, "What do you want to eat at noon?"

"Ask Xu Fan."

"Where is Sanwazi?" Mother Xu asked.

Xu Zhao looked around and said, "Dad and the others are listening to the radio at the door. I'll ask."

"Go."

Xu Zhao stepped out of the yard. Outside the yard, Xu Zhao and Dazhuang's grandfather, along with Xu Fan and Dazhuang, were sitting on the stone listening to the radio. They were listening to the generals of the Yang family. The four of them listened intently. Xu Zhao called Xu Fan a few times. Xu Fan didn't even hear it, he was really serious.

When Xu Zhao came to him, it happened that the Yang family's round was over, followed by the weather forecast, and then heard that there was a blizzard on the twenty-ninth day of the new year.

Blizzard!

After the winter, there have been two snowfalls, but they were all light snow, and the vegetables were not fully mature at that time, so I just needed to take care of them. Now I have to go to the county town to sell vegetables. The road from Nanwan Village to the county town is a dirt road. When the weather is fine, I don’t feel any inconvenience. Once the heavy rain and snow hits the road, the tractor may get caught in the mud and snow and can’t move. How can I sell it?