19.

Aliasha's today's schedule was to meet Jay, Shanaya's boyfriend of 6 years and a brother to Aliasha

Shanaya had cautioned Jay before they start dating that she and Aliasha were a package.

For him to earn brownie points, he would have to be on cordial terms with her best friend.

Though, it was no problem for Jay as, when he met Aliasha they both gelled like two lost siblings.

Both being sole children always felt a void of siblings. They are so close that sometimes they team up against Shanaya too.

Shanaya was glad that her boyfriend and a best friend shared this good of a relationship.

Aliasha right now was in the eatery, where she was meeting Jay and Shanaya for lunch.

Unexpectedly, a hand patted her shoulder taking her out of her reverie. She swivelled and was surprised to see the person.

It was Kabir's mother, Meera Singhania.

"Alia, How are you bacha (child)," Meera mumbled lovingly, caressing Aliasha's head.

"I am fine, how are you Aunty," Aliasha let out, hugging her.

"How can I be fine when I haven't seen my kids for so long."

"I understand, you kids now have grown up and don't have time. But you can at least text me haa. You were my bacha before then Kabir's friend. Tum dono ki baat band hui to mujhse bhi baat band kardi". Meera completed with tears in her eyes.

(Just because you and Kabir's friendship ended you stopped talking to me too.)

"It isn't like that aunty, I was just busy. But I assure you that I remember you all, all the time". Aliasha confessed, soothing Meera's misery.

"I am so proud of you. I have watched all your movies. I know you were in another country and it wasn't easy for you. Par mere dono bache mujhse door hogye. Kabir se toh arsaa hogya hai ache se baat kre. Jab uske Shaadi ke lie raazi hui tab jaake Aaj maa se Milne ke liye taiyaar hua hai."

( both my kids got far from me.it's been so long, I haven't talked to Kabir too. He had just now agreed to meet me when I agreed for his marriage.)

Aliasha remained silent, not knowing what to reply.

"Okay, leave all that. Now that you are here I am going to organize a family dinner just like before. Vaise bhi Mujhe Tujhse bhaut saari baat karni hai."

(I want to talk about so many things with you.)

"Zaroor aunty. I missed your food too."
(Sure aunty)

"Mumma" a voice interrupted them.

A voice that Aliasha can recognize even in her sleep.

A voice that made her heart race like a horse.

___________________________________

Thank you for reading.

Please vote, comment and share.