26.

Kabir can't help but feel a heaviness in his heart since he received Natasha's text

The text was nothing out of ordinary but somehow it was still making him nervous.

He shook out these feelings thinking it was barely work stress.

He was distracted the whole day and was not able to work so he decided to leave for home early.

He rang the bell and the door opened revealing the woman who is the love of his life. To Whom he is going to get married soon and he can't wait for it to happen.

"Hey beautiful", greeted Kabir leaning down for a peck.

It didn't feel the same. Something was wrong.

He could feel it.

"Is everything okay?"

"You're home early" she replied dodging his question.

"I wasn't able to work after your text. You know me and my curiosity ." He joked trying to lighten the tension in the room.

Natasha nervously chuckled and watched him walking away to freshen up.

After a few minutes, she heard footsteps approaching making her body stiffen.

The time has come. Everything will change in a matter of a few minutes. He was her habit. Even if she wasn't in love with Kabir anymore, he still meant a lot to her.

She was going to hurt the person who love her the most, who gave and she was sure will give her all the happiness even if it means suppressing his own.

She was in dilemma on one side she wished she hadn't met Vishal, so nothing would have changed between her and Kabir but Vishal also makes her happy, making her feel like that giddy teenager again.

"What's going on in that pretty little head of yours" Kabir inquired embracing her from the back.

She released a melancholic sigh and said
"Let's sit and talk"

They sat on the sofa. Kabir's worry increased as he saw her playing with her fingers something she always does when she is nervous.

He took her hand in his " Babe. What is it?"

It was hard and him sitting here, soothing her even when she was going to do the worst thing to him was making it even harder.
Since yesterday all she had done is rehearse the things she was going to say to him.
She tried to gain some courage and finally started "Kabir..shit..."

There was a pause.

"I don't want to get married."

There. She said it.

"It's okay babe, We will postpone it."

Damn.

"No Kabir. I.....I...I don't want to marry you."

His heart stopped. He thought he heard it wrong. It was just his mind playing tricks with him, she said something else.

"What?" He asked to confirm.

"I am sorry Kabir but I can't marry you."

So he heard right. He was numb. He couldn't understand anything. He had many questions.

What changed? Everything was amazing till this morning. They were in love or at least he thought they were. Amidst all this chaos, he could only utter one word

"Why?"

" Because I am not in love with you anymore."

___________________________________

Thank you for reading
Please vote, comment and share.