24.

Kabir and Natasha entered the hall and after greeting everyone else they came in front of Aliasha.

"Hey" Kabir and Natasha greeted.

"Aise mil rahe ho jaise ek dusron ko jaante bhi nhi ho." Meera snickered.

(Why are you meeting like you don't even know each other.)

"Voi to. Pehle to ek dusre se door bhi nhi jaate the." Joined Aliasha's mother Nisha.

(Exactly. Before they used to not leave each other even for a second.)

"Chalo gale milo" Meera ordered and they like obedient children followed it.

(Go and give hug to each other)

Kabir moved forward to embrace Aliasha in a hug.

Sukoon. Halcyon. Relief. Longing. That's what Kabir felt.

Unconditional Love. Halcyon. Emotional. Longing. That's what Aliasha felt.

She could stay there forever. She just wants his arms to be around her forever.

Kabir didn't want to let go too. He felt complete. He felt at home.

They stayed in the embrace for a good minute but parted when they heard the clearing of the throat.

It was Natasha.

Kabir felt guilty about thinking about someone else as his home. Someone who is not Natasha.

Meera broke the awkward atmosphere by announcing that dinner was ready.

Everyone went to the dining hall.

First were the elders followed by Kabir Natasha and then Aishwariya, Karan and Aliasha.

These two haven't left her alone for a second.

This made Aliasha feel loved and also bad as because of her unrequited love she had distanced herself from them.

But now no more. She has now decided that she will be in contact with them no matter how busy she is.

She is sure she can make out some time for them.

Everyone settled on the dining table.

Kabir sat directly across from Aliasha whose both sides were occupied by his siblings.

Natasha was on one side of Kabir and another side sat his mother.

The maids brought out the dishes made by Meera.

Aliasha's eyes glittered when she saw that all the items were her favourite.

"This is all her favourite. Where is ours?" Karan asked, mocking sadness.

"Tum log ko mai 365 days khilati hu. Meri bacchi to itne saalon baad aayi hai" Meera communicated.

(I make your favorite food everyday but my child has come after so long.)

"Thank you, aunty. Aapko pta nhi h ki maine aapke haath ke khaane ko kitna miss kia hai." Aliasha mumbled emotionally.

(Aunty, you have no idea how much I have missed your cooking.)

"Shuru hogya maa-beti ka pyaar" teased Nisha.

(Daughter- Mom love has started now.)

Aliasha didn't exaggerate when she said Meera was her second mother, she was.

Everyone dug in, Enjoying the delicacies when Meera inquired

" beta teri abhi nayi film may jo hero tha uska naam kya tha?"

(Child, what was the name of the actor in your new movie.)

"Michelle Patt" replied a heavy manly voice, which amazed Aliasha.

Kabir watched her movies and even knew the name of her costar. Hope. Her hope was increasing.

"Ha voi. Mujhe to bahot hi mast laga." Meera said.

(Yes. Him. I liked him.)

The conversation blurred.

Aliasha was now lost in her thoughts that she didn't realise that maid has served her pasta with mushrooms in it.

Everyone knew about her allergy therefore Meera made all the items without mushrooms for her and with mushrooms for everyone else.

Aliasha scooped the pasta and was just going to eat it when Kabir suddenly yelled, frightening her.

"Aliasha don't."

Everybody looked at him confused.

"The pasta. It has mushrooms in it." He justified, making everyone aware of what would have happened if he didn't stop her.

"Who served her that." Inquired Kabir in a hard voice.

The maid cowered.

"It's okay. It isn't her fault. She didn't know. I should have been careful." Defended Aliasha.

"Be more careful beta," Nisha asserted.

"Don't serve her anything with mushroom in it." Ordered Meera to the maids.

Sensing the tense situation Aliasha announced.

"Guys Chill. I am fine. Nothing happened. Let's not spoil the dinner."

Conversations started again.

There weren't any other addresses between both Aliasha and Kabir throughout the remaining dinner but still, it was the best night for her.

He cared, he still remembers her allergy, and he watches her movies. These things made her the happiest.

This was a night that she didn't want to end. A night which she will cherish for a long time.

 A night which she will cherish for a long time

___________________________________

Thank you for reading.

Please vote, comment and share.