Chapter 62

Glorious days

When they finally returned to base four, Sunny’s brother in tow, they had less than a week before the invasion day. They were cutting it close, but that was Tsunami’s fault for asking Glory to do everything. 

They landed at the fourth base, and immediately went in search of Tsunami. Qubli looked at everything they passed with new eyes, watching the battle scared dragons and quick merchants with interest. 

Part of her still expected Deathbringer to be shocked by a few things here, but apparently he’d been following Echo around for who knows how long trying to find the exact right time to kill him. Procrastination saves lives.

So either way, Deathbringer knew the place fairly well, though he wasn’t accustomed to the stares and glares of various soldiers. That dragon had been spoiled by aimus magic. 

They entered the main command center and made their way through the various halls and corridors, at the end of one hall, Glory led the two into the room that was Tsunami’s office. 

Tsunami’s office is a place of much wonder. Mostly because it somehow managed to hold the ferocious SeaWing princess for hours at a time. No enemy had been able to fell her, but this office won day after day.

Most dragons didn’t seem to realize how amazing that was. The only ones that had ever acknowledged it and paid proper respect to the office, were Glory herself, General Foam, and Riptide. There was also a MudWing recruit who’d seen firsthand just how good the office was at its job. He’d had to watch Tsunami for three days by order of Queen Scarlet after the Starflight incident. 

It was incredible how effective the office was. Glory inclined her head toward the desk, the proper measure or respect for someone who had bested your superior in countless battles. 

Tsunami didn’t seem to be there, but that was fine. Glory navigated across the room and through a side door that led into the scribe halls. Past that she found Foam’s office. 

That was where she found Tsunami. 

The angry blue SeaWing was standing on Foam’s desk, shouting something that sounded very important. Glory had that tuned out though as she led the two dragons into the office calmly and sat down off to the side, waiting for Tsunami to be done. 

“-AND WHAT DOES SHE EXPECT ME TO DO EXACTLY?” Tsunami waved her arms wildly, “IT’S NOT LIKE I CAN GIVE HER A GOOD ANSWER! SHE’S THE ONE WHO ALWAYS HANDLES SKIRMISHES IN THAT AREA!” Foam cleared his throat but Tsunami cut him off, “AFTER SO LONG NEUTRAL, SHE FINALLY APPEARS AND SCARLET WANTS ME TO DEAL WITH IT?”

“AhEM! Tsunami. I believe this can wait.” Foam gave Glory an apologetic glance as Tsunami slapped the top of the desk with her tail. 

“SCARLET doesn’t think it can wait!” Tsunami huffed and sat down on the desk, frowning at the wall. 

Glory decided that now was a good time to snap the princess out of it. She motioned for her two companions to stay there, which they did gladly. After she was sure that no one would do anything dumb -mostly Deathbringer- she walked up right behind Tsunami, who was still yelling.

“I DIDN’T EVEN THINK THAT SHE WOULD BE A PROBLEM. LET ALONE THAT I WOULD HAVE TO DEAL WITH IT!”

Glory cleared her throat loudly, “Excuse me, but I do think that perhaps you should listen to your advisor.” 

Tsunami whirled around with a hiss and nearly fell off the desk as she blinked at Glory and the two guests, staring at Deathbringer for a long moment. “So… uh… you’re back! Yay?”