CHAPTER 2

In a room where things were lying all across. Somewhere lied suitcases packed with clothes, huge boxes of gifts were kept one above the other and laid in a corner of the room, boxes of sweets were kept on the floor and what not. Afterall a wedding house it was. But unaffected by the mess across a guy was laying on his bed and scrolling through the gallery of his phone. It was pictures of his Roka ceremony held in the morning. Though he was dead tired, but all his tiredness vanished as he glanced at the smiling faces of his lady love. In bright pink sharara with silver mirror work on it and heavy silver jhumkas beautiful she looked as always.

Meet the groom-to-be. Karan. Works as a financial consultant in a MNC in Mumbai. A fitness freak. A true workaholic. Takes his work in a very serious manner and leaves no stone unturn to complete work handed over to him complete on time. A national level football player in his college times. Thought of becoming a footballer but then college got over and then passion took backseat. Thought love was waste of time until he met his to-be-wife back in college and look 11 years later he seems most excited about this wedding to happen.

Roka ceremony is an official announcement of your relationship. It signifies that the bride and groom have accepted each other. Along with this, this is the first function of Indian wedding rituals. Few years back, this ceremony was a small one reserved for family's meeting and exchanging sweets. However, Roka nowadays is an elaborate affair. Some people celebrate the Roka Ceremony and Engagement ceremony together, while others keep both the functions on a different day.

Only Karan and Monami knew after so many persuasions and wait this wedding was finally going to happen with consent of both side of families. It was something that took 3 long years. Monami's family had accepted their relation long back in college, but Karan's father took time to accept this relation. Better late than never, thought Karan in his head as he looked at happy faces of his father dancing to tunes of dhol this morning.

Originally this farmhouse belonged to Monami's younger paternal uncle, but currently the groom's side were residing in it. This farmhouse was situated just next to Mr. Mahajan's farmhouse, making it possible to manage things. Both the farmhouse where quite identical in shape, size and look.

Karan's thought of train was broken when someone knocked at the door. As the door opened, there he was.

As always in a funky oversized t-shirt and shorts stood a guy. Cute face peeking through his curly hair. A huge, charming smile. With his funky headphones resting on his shoulders. Hanging a backpack and a trolley in hand he stood.

It was him- Siddharth, Karan's best friend. Who stood by him throughout.

Born with a silver spoon. Carefree, sporty personality. Extrovert. Party animal. Seriousness is something that has no place in his dictionary. Always in a jolly mood. Currently helping his dad with their family business.

Without even wasting a moment Siddharth and Karan hugged one another.

After college Karan had decided to carry on with his further studies while Siddharth joined his family business. Siddharth returned back to his hometown, Ahmedabad. Though two were in constant touch and never let distance nor ever-changing life come in between their friendship but physically being with one another reduced. Both got busy with one another's life and friends who couldn't stay part had to settle for monthly phone calls. Nothing much had change just Siddharth had grown a bit serious and Karan had started taking life a bit less seriously.

It's feels so good, said Siddharth as he broke the hug.

By the way Goa is beautiful, said Siddharth as he threw himself on the bed.

Karan laid near him. But soon Siddharth rushed towards his bag pack. Took out something out of it. Karan kept looking at him doing so with curiosity reflecting in his eyes.

And suddenly seeing the remote controller and video game in Siddharth's hand, a huge smile caught Karan's face. Not that he was a huge video game freak like Siddharth. But it was the same video game that they used to play during college days. Even on the nights before exams.

Karan ran his hands across remote controllers as Siddharth set the game on the television set.

Can't believe you have still kept it safe, said Karan taunting Siddharth as he was famous for keeping and forgetting his belongings here and there.

Just like our college memories I held them close to my heart, said Siddharth.

This video game was icebreaker between Siddharth and Karan. It was reason how they became friends.

Other things apart Mr Karan today Sid-G is gonna win this game, as always, said Siddharth as he sat beside Karan.

Time will tell, said Karan.

Here, said Siddharth as he handed Karan a remote controller, kept one to himself and he was about to turn to his right but then remembered that it wasn't needed as it was just two of them. Looking at the extra remote controller Karan understood what Siddharth was thinking about.

I miss her man, said Siddharth with a sigh as he placed back the remote controller inside his back.

We all miss her, said Karan as he side hugged Siddharth.

It's been 4 years no sign of her whereabouts, God knows where she is. What is she up to, said Siddharth as a tear of drop fell off his eyes.

Kutte, Monami cried in excitement as she rushed into the room and threw herself on Siddharth.

Just in case what's the thing behind we this weird thing of addressing your friend as dog. Well, no it wasn't a sign of thanking them for their faithfulness. Or adjective to use for their cuteness. Rather it was more of mocking your friend for their annoyingness. And at the same time letting them know that you may be annoying, but you are my kind of annoying. Weird things we do in friendship.

Rottlu Billi, I missed you so much, said Siddharth as he engulfed Monami in a bone crushing hug.

Siddharth felt her presence. And how he couldn't he had loved her with all he had and when she decided to call it off, she left him in pieces. He lifted his gaze. She was looking right in his directions. In yellow slit kurti and big silver jhumkis peeping through her straight black long hair. Sanjana looked breathe taking as always even in her minimal makeup. Their eyes met. But difference being today he had no reaction on his face. He moved his gazes to Faizi while hers still kept looking at his face. He was hurt. He had all rights to be mad at her after all.

Sensing the awkwardness in the environment Karan signalled Faizi, who was standing by his side through his eyes. Faizi taking the signals moved towards Siddharth.

Siddharth separated from the hug. Faizi lifted him up as he expressed how much he had missed Siddharth. Karan too joined in this boys group hug. Monami quietly clicked happy faces. Siddharth pulled Monami into group hug as Karan pulled Sanjana.

They were all happy. But even in this all-happy mood something seemed missing. She was missing.

that's all for this update. Hope you liked this update. Do comment down your views would love to hear them out and do vote if you liked the chapter.

Who was missing? Who was Siddharth referring to? Where was she?

What had happened between Siddharth and Sanjana?

Next update soon.