CHAPTER 4

It was her.

Making through her way in the crowd she was coming towards their direction.

In a White high-slit sleeveless Anarkali kurti with floral print paired up with ripped denim jeans, she looked beautiful. Her mid length slight wavy hair rested on her chest and bright pink streaks described her in a word- Bold. There she was.

Koel. An investment banker at a renowned international bank. A living example of Beauty with Brains. Practical thinker. Speaks her mind. Doesn't shy away from the world. What will people think- this statement never stops her from doing she want to do. Gives her cent per cent in whatever she does. Raised in Auckland but sent off to India to complete her higher studies. Currently living in New York and raising her son all by herself since last four years. Her heart resides in her 6-year-old.

She was the missing part of their puzzle. One who completed their group.

This can't be true, muttered Karan as he pinched himself just to make sure he wasn't dreaming.

Ouch, exclaimed Karan as it hurt. It means that she was in front of him for real.

K-Koel, screamed Karan as he ran towards her.

Everyone was busy. Some were talking among themselves, some were busy eating delicacies served, some were busy clicking pictures while some were busy dancing to loud tunes that came out from huge loudspeakers, but Karan's scream was enough to draw everyone's attention towards him.

Karan engulfed Koel in a warm tight hug.

I m-missed you so much, whispered Karan as he patted her head.

Monami and Sanjana adored the two from a distance with a smile on their faces. Siddharth and Faizi who were busy dancing stopped right away as they heard the Karan's scream. While Siddharth ran towards Koel and Karan. Following him went Monami and Sanjana. But someone couldn't move from his place- It was Faizi. He couldn't believe that she was infront of him.

Kaali Billi, I missed you so much, said Siddharth as he joined Karan and Koel in the hug. Monami and Sanjana joined in the group hug.

Where you had been, asked Siddharth as soon as everyone separated from the hug.

Koel said nothing instead turned her eyes towards Monami and Sanjana.

The very next moment Monami said, guys Koel's here let's take a selfie.

Sanjana dragged Koel towards her.

Karan and Siddharth looked at one another. They could sense that girls were hiding something. But decided to let that matter be for current timing and not make a fuss about it now.

Puzzled stood the crowd.

Faizi just kept adoring her smiling face as she talked with Karan and Siddharth. It had been a little over 4 years since she left home and Faizi. He hadn't seen her since. It wasn't that he didn't want to, but circumstances were such that it wasn't possible. But she didn't look a day older than when Faizi had last saw her. It looked as if no time had passed at all. But only Faizi knew how much he had missed her in these 4 years. Only he knew how long this wait of 4 years was for him.

He wanted to rush and engulf Koel in a bone crushing hug and let her know how much he loves her. But his feet didn't seem moving. It seemed as if they had frozen.

Faizi was lost in Koel's carefree laughter, when from behind her peeped a 6-year-old cute little boy with huge specs on his eyes and a charming smile on his face, which was enough to melt anyone's heart. His hair made their way to his much of his forehead which made him look even more cute. He kept looking at everyone as he held tight Koel's hand. Then his curious gaze stopped on Faizi. He stared at him for few moments then looked at Koel. As if questioning her something with eyes. And after getting a nod from her a smile crept on his chubby face. He again fixed his gaze at Faizi. But this time smiling ear to ear.

Before Faizi could think anything. The 6-year-old ran to him, screaming the word that sounded the most beautiful melody he had ever heard- Dad.

Faizi fell on his knees when he realized that cute little boy was no one else but his own flesh and blood. His Nikhil. No wonders he felt an attraction towards the kid.

Both hugged one another. Faizi had tears in his eyes.

That hug lasted long. Nikhil separated from the hug, again adored Faizi's face and again hugged him. He repeated this for few times. Faizi smiled at his antics.

You are much more handsome than your photograph, said Nikhil in his cute childish tone.

Making everyone smile at his innocence.

Koel told me that you work really hard and live very far away and hence you don't come home, said Nikhil.

Faizi looked at Koel who was already looking at them. Faizi nodded lightly at Nikhil's words.

I am so happy that we are finally together, said Nikhil as he held Faizi's finger and started walking towards Koel.

He asked Koel for her phone. Opened it's camera and asked the two to match his height. Faizi and Koel without saying anything kneeled down to match his height. Nikhil clicked few selfies. Then Koel quickly stood up.

Look Koel how cute this is- Koel, Nikhil and Dad, said Nikhil as he held Koel's finger while showing her one of the selfies clicked.

Koel we will frame this picture and I will keep it beside my bed, said Nikhil looking at his mother with his twinkling eyes.

Koel smiled at Nikhil.

Koel who are they, asked Nikhil pointing at Karan and Siddharth who were standing beside Koel.

I am your Karan uncle...your Koel and dad's friend, said Karan as he smiled at him.

And that is your Siddharth Uncle, said Karan pointing towards Siddharth.

Yuck Uncle sound so boring...plus it just doesn't match my personality...you call me....aahmm....Yes...Sid, said Siddharth picking Nikhil in his arms.

You know your Koel too calls me Sid, said Siddharth.

Sid, said Nikhil as he buried his head deep into Siddharth's neck. Siddharth kissed back of Nikhil's head.

Koel smiled at the scene. Monami took a quick picture of Siddharth and Nikhil hugging one another.

Koel sensed a gaze fixed on her for quite long. It was Faizi's. Her smile lessened. They both kept staring one another.

Sensing the awkwardness in the environment. Monami asked everyone to pose for a selfie.

After so long they all were together.

Siddharth and Monami took Nikhil to the dance floor. And following them went Karan and Sanjana.

Till now crowd had resumed with their activities.

Koel, said Faizi.

Before you draw out any more conclusions out it, let me make it clear that I have told Nikhil about you because it is his right to know about you. And issues that his parents have should never tamper his innocent childhood. That's it, said Koel cutting Faizi in between.

The little hope that had made it's way to Faizi's heart, shattered. He was really hurt. But he pressed a forced smile on his lips.

that's all for this update. Hope you liked this update. Do comment down your views would love to hear them out and do vote if you liked the chapter.

Where had Koel been since past 4 years? What made Koel cut all ties with her friends? What was reason behind Koel leaving home and Faizi? And what was it that the girls were hiding from the boys?

Next update soon.