CHAPTER 6

Monami splashed cold water running that came out from the tap on her face. She repeated this for a few times. Then lifted her gaze to the mirror placed in front. She glanced at her own reflecting figure. The red puffy eyes were evidence that she spent the previous 20 minutes crying. These few days before her wedding soaked in pre wedding rituals were to be the happiest days of her life, but now her own best friend had misunderstood her. It wasn't that she had deliberately hurt Faizi. But on one side stood Koel who had given strict warning that not to let anyone know about her whereabouts or else she would cut contacts and on her other side stood her best friend Faizi who was desperately looking for his wife and son. Both were her friends and in no way Monami could hurt one to satisfy the other's wish.

******

After getting tired by turning sides and gulping a bottle full of water and still find herself wide awake. Koel glanced at her phone screen. It was half past 4 am. They she glanced at Nikhil and Sanjana lying next to her were deep asleep. She smiled at the sight of Nikhil and Sanjana keeping a hand on one another. Convicted that the jet lag won't let her sleep, she decided to move around a little, thinking maybe that would help.

Koel decided to explore the terrace. The terrace's door was wide open indicating someone's presence. With steady steps Koel went ahead. She saw a manly figure standing by the railing and staring the still dark night sky. As if adoring the sights of night sky. On going a little further in that person's direction, he turned.

Looks like sleep is away from groom-to-be's eyes, said Koel in a teasing manner.

Karan smiled at Koel's comment.

I still can't believe that it's finally happening Koel, said Karan.

Koel now stood beside him.

It still feels a sweet dream. It's too beautiful to be real, said Karan now looking at Koel.

By the way what kept you awake this long, asked Karan.

Jet lag answered Koel.

Chai garam chai, singing came Siddharth as he came with a tray containing two cups of freshly made tea.

Siddharth special elaichi chai it is, said Koel as she took a deep breathe enjoying the aroma of freshly made tea make all.

Yeap, said Siddharth as he forwarded the tray.

We can share, said Karan.

You will have to, said Koel taking a cup.

It's amazing, said Koel taking the first sip.

You know this is my after-retirement plan to open a tea stall, said Siddharth.

The three giggled.

The sunrise was still pending to happen, but it wasn't completely dark either. To be exact sky was soaked in pre sunrise glow. The whole of sky was painted in different shades of blue with a tinch orange and yellow as it marked that it was time for the nature's morning star to break darkness that previous night had brought along it and rise above the horizon. It was a breath-taking view.

Since we three are together after a long long time why don't we compete for a game of FIFA, offered Siddharth.

Don't tell me you brought your FIFA over here, said Koel.

Siddharth nodded.

So yes or no, asked Siddharth.

I am always in a mood for FIFA, said Koel.