CHAPTER 13

Elements like earthen pots, marigold garlands, terrariums and lit candles were all beautifully incorporated to ramp up the look and feel of the house. The stage, where all the action took place, was highlighted with gobs of marigold & tuberose trellis etched to the ceiling and some flower buckets & marigold garlands prettifying the backdrop. All in all, the décor lent a very cozy and warm feel to their wedding shenanigans.

Dressed in an ivory and gold Sherwani, Karan entered on a horse with his Baraatis to Mr. Mahajan's farmhouse. After few rituals he was made sit in the mandap. If his work mates would look at Karan's face right now, they could not recognise this version of him. It was hard to believe that the confident guy in client meetings and this puppy faced Karan were same. Nervously Karan kept looking here and there and then his eyes fell on his Bhabhi. Who was already looking at him. She assured Karan with her smile that it's all okay.

Then Karan's eyes fell on Monami. Who looked like a dream as she walked under a Phoolon Ki Chaadar in a heavenly red traditional lehenga. Keeping her look all raw & simple, she did her hair into soft curls and complemented it well with soft & dewy makeup. To finish off her look, she clads her neck with a statement choker necklace along with matching earrings and a few chunky bangles.

This looked no less than a dream to Karan. If happiness could be a moment that this, was it for him. In all smiles Karan greeted his lady love.

Now the bride and groom were sitting next to each other in the marriage pavilion as the priest was enchanting hymns. Nervous, excited, happiness and a lot many emotions were what Karan and Monami felt within them. Both sat quietly adoring and trying to capture as much the present moment they could in their eyes. This moment was too beautiful to be real.

Monami tighten her fist as she held on to her lehenga. She could feel the thrusting heartbeats of her. Nervously she turned her gaze towards Karan who like an obedient child kept observing each and every act and word of the priest. He wanted to absorb everything that this moment had to offer. The warm late afternoon sunlight, occasional breeze, few clouds here and there, ringing laughter of random guests, tinkling sounds of spoon and plates as they met each other, warmth of the holy fire lit in front of them, priest performing rituals, his near and dear ones standing by the mandap, butterflies he felt in his tummy, the mixed emotions that he felt in his chest, and warm love that he felt by occasional touch of fingers of his and Monami's. All this was just too much to be real.

Karan felt a gaze stuck on him, he turned to only find his lady love was adoring him. He took Monami's hand in his. Both felt a kind of ease.

While at once side of the garden Karan and Monami were all set to welcome new beginnings into their lives at the same garden in a corner stood Sanjana looking for her opportunity to undo the past mistakes she had committed. After running her gaze back and forth a hundred times scanning the garden, she finally found Siddharth standing by Koel and enjoying lunch.

Sid we will have to save Karan's juttis from bride's tribe, said Koel.

Don't worry Ko main hu na I will handle everything, said Siddharth.

So where are the juttis, asked Koel and Siddharth at the same time.

Siddddd, you lost them already it has been hardly 20 minutes since I handed you the juttis.

But I thought you took them along you, said Sid.

Koel gave a death stare to Sid.

I had them just right here at the exact spot you were standing. I had kept them on a plate a covered it with a cloth, said Sid searching here and there to find whereabouts of the shoes.