CHAPTER 9

What happened, whispered Monami.

Karan kept quiet and adoring his wife with his eyes.

What happened Karan why are you looking at me like this, asked Monami.

I am looking at my girlfriend for the last time, tomorrow we will get married. And from then on who I will gaze on will be my wife not my girlfriend. In these 11 years Monami we have seen each other laugh, cry, scream, smile through teary face, achieve new peeks in college and at work and at the same time seen each other fail, and what makes be adore you is that you have never judged me Monami. you have always accepted me whole heartedly. On my happy days you have laughed along me, on my bad days you have seen me cry, listened to all those went about people who hardly know patiently and yet always just somehow managed to put things into right perspective and given me the support and love I needed the most. Even when in last few years my parents hadn't been supportive of this relationship you stood by me even in those moments of disappointment, assuring through your smile that things will fall in place. Monami I can't express the happiness that's bursting within me to be part of this dream that we saw since so long- to get married and spend rest of our lives together, said Karan as he held Monami's hands in his.

Monami hugged him.

Karan, you know I never wanted many things on my wedding. I always dreamed of a close knitted wedding. With all our friends and family together. After years of efforts, we got our families together but Karan our friend just looks at them. Neither of the 4 are being able to enjoy to fullest. Koel doesn't want to come face to face with Faizi. Siddharth does not want to be around Sanjana. I wish they could be together again. I wish that their misunderstandings would get cleared, said Monami with a sigh as she separated from the hug.

I have a plan, said Karan.

*****

After having a time of their lives dancing at the ceremony everyone retired to their rooms. The night had got darker. Silence is what prevailed in the environment. What could anyone expect at half past 3 at night.

Faizi heard a thud sound, hence slight open his eyes. Due to darkness in the room, he couldn't see things clearly. In the room, Karan-Faizi slept and between them slept Nikhil. But he saw another human figure in his room. The figure was going towards the door.

Maybe he's a thief, thought Faizi.

With silent steps Faizi followed the figure and held him from behind.

The unknown person tried to push Faizi away, but Faizi dragged him outside the room. Only to find that the one whom he was assuming to be thief was actually his wife.

Are you out of your mind, asked Koel as she gasped for berate.

I thought you were a thief by the way were you doing in our room at this hour of the night, asked Faizi.

I had come to see whether Nikhil was sleeping properly or not. He has never slept without me till today, so I was a bit concerned, said Koel.

Oh, said Faizi.

You don't need to worry I am his father Koel and I can take care of him, said Faizi.

But you have not done this before, said Koel.

But this can happen if you allow me to, asked Faizi.

No, I can't, said Koel cutting Faizi in between looking straight into his eyes for few moments and then started walking away.

Things can get better Koel, said Faizi.

Koel if you don't give me chance to put things place it never will. Plus, don't forget that it was you who left me one night without informing and never came back. You just disappeared from my life, said Faizi.