CHAPTER 12

Though Koel had agreed with all smiles to let Nikhil accompany Faizi and Sanjana for the rest of wedding rituals, she couldn't help thinking about him ever since he went. Though she knew he was in the next farmhouse, which was barely few steps from theirs, but she still thought of once going and having a look at him just to calm herself down. She hurried off her way through and finally reached the Faizi's room. She knocked but no one responded. She had already tired calling Sanjana, but she didn't respond. And she knew that Monami must be busy with some pre-wedding rituals. So, she didn't call Monami.

Annoyed by no getting no response, this time Koel knocked the door a little harder. Which resulted that the door pushed opened in front of her. Koel went inside only to find no one in the room. Koel was about to return back when she heard some singing. The voice came from washroom. On hearing carefully, she realized it was Faizi. It was his old habit of sing under the shower. The droplets that fell off the shower on his bare body, brought into life the hidden singer in Faizi come out.

Koel sighed. Even in these 4 years what hadn't changed was Faizi's awful way of spoiling some of Koel's favourite songs. Koel was about to go away when the washroom's door opened.

Both Koel and Faizi screamed. Faizi screamed due to breach into his privacy and Koel screamed as the only towel that Faizi had wrapped around his lower body started slipping off hearing Faizi's scream.

Faizi placed his one hand on Koel's mouth as he didn't want to draw some unwanted attention at the present moment. And with other hand quickly held his slipping towel. Put it back at its place.

What are you doing here? asked Faizi.

Koel signalled Faizi that he had still kept his hands on her mouth. Faizi removed his hands from her mouth.

Nikhil se milne aayi thi, said Koel.

He's along Sanjana, said Faizi.

And before he could continue Koel had already left.

*****

Sanjana was setting things in her bag mindlessly and Nikhil kept observing her as he sat of the couch.

Koi problem ha, asked Nikhil pulling Sanjana's dupatta and attention towards him.

Sanjana smiled lightly at him and shook her head in negative.

Koel says that we should not lie, said Nikhil still looking at Sanjana as she wiped her lone tear.

Sach kahu to problem toh hai but you are way too small to understand it, said Sanjana as she patted Nikhil's cheeks.

Nikhil thought something then quickly climbed up the bed and stood facing Sanjana. Called her near him.

Look now I am of your height. I am no more small. Now you can share your problem with me, said Nikhil with a huge smile on his face.

Sanjana chuckled at his antics.

Does climbing up bed makes you grow up and match my age, said Sanjana.

Koel says that age is just a number, and we are of the age we feel we are, said Nikhil.

Achha mere baap maaf karde joh meine tujse argument start kiya, said Sanjana joining her hands in front of him.

Pura Koel pe gaya ha. Na usse koi arguments me jeet saka ha na isse koi jeet sakta ha arguments mein, muttered Sanjana to herself.

My years of experience has taught me that, said Nikhil.