Chapter 33: Sibling Fun Time

Sibling Fun Time

Lexie's POV

The rest of the week had flown by quickly and everything was back to normal. Some students had been gossiping about Troy's expulsion, but thankfully that died down quickly. It was now Saturday and I was laying in my bed staring at the ceiling. The swelling in my cheek had now gone down and I could now move my jaw without feeling pain.

I finally got up from my bed and went to the bathroom and washed up. After I was finished, I left my room and went downstairs. I got something to eat and went into the living room to watch TV. After a while, I saw my dad coming down the stairs, dressed and ready for work.

"Good morning, pumpkin." Dad said when he saw me. "We're leaving for work now."

"Okay Dad." I said giving him a smile as he came over to me and kissed me on the forehead before leaving the house to wait for Mom outside. A little while later, my mom came down the stairs.

"Hello dear. I'm off to work. See you later and be good." She said in a rush as she grabbed up her keys off the hook and head to the front door.

"Okay Mom. I will." I replied as she close the door behind her. I sat and watched the television for half an hour until Jason came downstairs and joined me.

"Hey little bro." I said ruffling his hair as he sat down.

"Lexie, stop that!" He whined dodging my hands. I continue to ruffle his hair and he crossed his arms and glared at me.

"Okay, fine." I said holding both my hands up in surrender. I looked through the corner of my eyes at him and couldn't help but burst out laughing. I love messing with him and watch his expression after, because I knew deep down he loves it.

We watched the television for a while, when Jason turned to me and said. "Lexie, I want cookies."

"Okay. Let's see if any is in the kitchen." I said standing up and grabbing his hands. When I was in the kitchen, I checked and realized that the cookies were finished.

"Looks like we're out. I guess we have to make some." I said grinning at Jason. "Want to help?"

"Yes!" He said bouncing up and down.

"Okay. Grab the bowl for me, please." I instructed as I got the mixing spoon, measuring cups and measuring spoons from the drawer. We placed them on the counter and I opened the fridge and got out the ingredients that we need. Jason pulled up a stool closer to the counter so he could sit on it. I brought the ingredients to the counter as well and we began. I was about to mix the butter into the sugar when Andrew walk into the kitchen.

"Look who decided to show their face." I said teasingly.

"What are you guys doing?" Andrew asked, ignoring my statement.

"We're baking chocolate chip cookies!" Jason said excitedly.

"Are you sure you know what you are doing, Lexie?" Andrew asked raising one of his eyebrows.

"What do you mean? Of course. I've watched Mom all the time." I said crossing my arms and glaring at him.

"Right." He said sarcastically. "I wouldn't want to taste that; seeing as I want to live." My mouth hang open as the words left his mouth. He will see about that. Without knowing what I was doing, I grabbed a handful of flour in my hands and threw it at his face. He made a small 'o' with his mouth as Jason began laughing hysterically.

"You did not just do that." Andrew said gaping at me.

"I'm afraid I did, big brother." I said smirking at him. He then walked over to the counter quickly and grabbed a handful of flour as well. I looked at him wide eyed, "You wouldn't." I said backing up.