Chapter 24: First Date

First Date

Lexie's POV

It was 6:00am the next day and I was lying in bed. I didn't get enough sleep the night before because I stayed up half the night crying. After crying, it was like my brain couldn't shut off and I stayed awake until I fell asleep at 3:00 this morning and now I felt sleepy.

I stayed in bed until another half hour before I decided to take a shower. I got out my clothes for my day and went into the bathroom. I stripped from my pajamas and looked at myself in the mirror. My eyes were red and puffy from all the crying and it burned like hell. I then stepped into the bath and have a nice long shower.

After I got out of the bathroom, I got dressed in jeans and a T-shirt. I put my hair in a messy bun as I didn't really have a care in the world right now. I put on light make up to hide the bags under my eyes and slipped on my converse. I took up my bag, phone and keys and head downstairs.

I went into the kitchen, where I saw Andrew sitting on one of the stools around the island with a plate of bacons, eggs and toast. He looked up when I entered the kitchen. He was drinking a glass of warm milk.

"Morning Lexie. I made breakfast. There's enough if you want some." He said indicating the plate with the eggs and bacon. I nodded my head and got out two slices of bread to make the toast. While I was waiting for the toaster to pop, I caught my brother looking at me through the corner of my eyes. "Are you okay, Lexie?" He asked, a worried expression on his face.

"Yeah." I said taking out the breads and buttering them. I sat down in front of him and ate my breakfast. He kept looking at me like he wanted to say something else, but I really wanted him to drop it.

After a while he stopped looking at me, although it was evident that he wanted to ask more. I guessed he was giving me some time. Andrew never really pushed into my personal life, unless it's something that would hurt me.

However, he would always tell me that if someone hurts me, I should tell him instantly. My brother loves me and I love him very much. Growing up, we would fight a lot. He would tease me and I would annoyed the hell out of him but that was how we showed our love and we both knew it. We were very close and when I was little, I used to see him as my hero. Of course he still is, but I couldn't tell him about Troy. I really wanted to but I was afraid of what Troy would do to me if I told anyone.

"I'm going to school, Andrew. See you later." I said getting up from the stool. I put my plate in the sink and was leaving the kitchen when Andrew stopped me in my tracks.

"Don't you want a ride?" He asked.

"No. I feel like walking today." I said and turned around and left the house. I reached school in 20 minutes and I sat on the bench outside of school as I was fifteen minutes early. Five minutes later, I saw my friends walking towards me.

"Hey girl." Stacy greets sitting down beside me. Samantha gave me a smile.

"Hi." I said giving her a weak smile.

"What happened why you didn't eat with us yesterday and left school so soon?" Stacy asked.

I held my head down avoiding their gaze. I never told them about why I never ate with them and what Troy told me yesterday. I knew I had to tell them though. I had to tell someone.

Seeing the expression on my face, Sam asked "What is it, Lexie?" Her voice was low and filled with concern.

So without hesitation, I told them everything that happened yesterday with Troy and my conversation with Josh after. When I was finished, they were angry that he would really threaten me like that. To be honest, I didn't blame them. I was surprised and angry too; I didn't knew he was capable of that. But then again, anyone was capable of anything.