Epilogue

Two Weeks Later

Two weeks has passed since I left home. During the first week, I've had orientation, campus tour and matriculation service. In the second week classes began. So far, I can say that it was a lot of hard work but I liked all my classes. I really didn't mind the challenge. I also settled in my dorm room and I like it and my roommate was cool.

However, during those two weeks, I have been missing Joshua a lot. We talked on video call a lot as promised, but honestly, it was not the same. I missed our physical contacts. I try not to think about it as much because I had to get used to the fact that we were miles away. Afterall, it is what it is and we could try the long distance relationship. Mostly, I focused on my work and hang out with my friends. Even though my friends and I were at different colleges, we would still see each other on a regular basis.

It was now Friday of the second week and I had just left my class and was walking towards the front of the campus. I was nearing a few benches under some trees, when I felt my phone ringing. I took it out of my pockets and smiled when I saw who it was.

"Hi babe." I greeted when I answered.

"Hi gorgeous." Josh replied. His voice was like a soft caress that caused my body to be tingly all over. It was like he was beside me. I would never get used to that feeling. "How is my favourite person doing?"

"I'm doing great. I just wish you were here." I whispered as I sat down. "I miss you."

"You're the cutest. I miss you too." He said, then paused for a bit. Then in a low, seductive voice, he said. "By the way, you look so beautiful and not to mention extremely sexy right now. I can't take my eyes off you."

My eyes furrowed in confusion. "What are you talking about?" I questioned.

"Turn around, babe." He answered.

Slowly and cautiously, I turned around. I was really confused as to what he was referring to and I didn't know what I would find behind me.

As I completely turned around, my eyes became wide with shock. Standing a few feet away from me on the school campus was Joshua sporting his heart warming smile. My heart did a little leap as I got up from my seat and walked quickly over to him. When I was near him, he opened my arms and I walked into his embrace.

"Oh my God, Josh! What are you doing here?" I asked as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

He chuckled lightly at my reaction which sent shivers throughout my whole body. "Well, I'm in New York now and I wanted to surprise you."

I pulled away from him a little but he still had his arms on my waist. "What do you mean?" I asked. My head was reeling with the fact that he was really here and at the possibility of what he was saying.

"I'm going to Colombia University. They called me three days ago and told me that my application was misplaced and they apologised for calling me this late." He explained.

"So you turned down CCA?" I asked in excitement, still can't believe that he's actually here.

He nodded his head. "I called them right after and turned down my spot there. I won't be going to California anymore. I'll be here in New York."

Once again, my heart couldn't contain this joy so I wrapped my arms around him again. This time he lifted me from the ground and twirled me around.

"I'm so happy to hear that, Josh!" I exclaimed. "I'm so happy that you're here. You'll only be about forty minutes away from me so this is perfect. I also know that you will love it here."

"I know I will." He replied putting me back on my feet. "Because you are here." He then brought his head down towards me and kissed me softly. I sighed; overwhelmed by the feeling of kissing him again. When he pulled back, he smiled at me. "Now, what was your plan for the rest of the day?"

"I actually have no plans." I replied.

"Really, no plans on a Friday evening?" He teased.

"Well, I was supposed to go to the movies with Stacy and Samantha but they had last minute plans so that's cancelled." I explained.

He smiled. "Well, it's a good thing I'm here then. First, let's go get something to eat. There is this great little cafe that I heard is really good."

"You sourced a spot for us to eat already?" I asked curiously.

"Yup and if it's good as they say, that place can be our spot." He was still smiling and looking down at me with so much love and promise. I couldn't help myself, I stood on my toes and kissed him lightly on his lips.

When I pulled back, his smile widen. "Hmm, I could get used to this." He said, then paused a while before adding. "I really missed you so much. Maybe we should find a private spot for us as well. Just like we had before."

I smiled and took his hand as he led me towards his car. "Maybe we should." I agreed.

However, what he didn't know was that everywhere will be our spot as long as he was there. After all, he is my safe place.

**************************************
A/N: That is it my little munchkins. The end of the book. I hope you like this chapter and my story.

Thanks a million to all my readers. Thank you for taking the time out to read CHDFAP. It is greatly appreciated.

If you haven't as yet, please check out my other stories "Her Saving Grace" and "Just A Kiss". Thank you!!

For the last time, please vote and comment.

Kisses! 😘

Alecia