Chapter 34: Catching Feelings

Catching Feelings

After ordering our ice cream and receiving them, we left for the park. We sat on a bench and continued to eat our ice cream.

We sat in silence as I was lost in thought. A lot has changed since Josh and I began dating. It seems like a long time ago since I ran into Josh. It just all seems so surreal. I was brought from my thoughts by Josh's voice.

"What are you thinking about?" He asked.

"Just how a lot has changed in the last few months. It seems like a long time ago since Ms. Winter paired us for that assignment." I said smiling at the memory.

"Yeah and I'm glad she did." He replied wrapping his arms around my shoulders.

"Not to mention how you acted like a jerk and poured my juice all over me." I reminded him. He looked at me then and I saw regret in his eyes.

"I'm really sorry about that, Lexie." Josh said apologetically. "I was having a bad day and I took it out on you. I really regretted it after."

"That's okay, Josh. That was a long time ago." I reassured him. Getting to know Josh, I realize that he was a great guy and I knew he didn't mean what he did, so I forgive him a long time ago.

"Yeah but I wish I hadn't done that to you in the first place. I can't even believe I did that. I wish I could take it back." He babbled, so I take a hold of his face in my hands and kissed him softly. He relaxed in my touch and kissed me back. I pulled away from him and smiled.

"Josh, I forgive you." I whisper quietly. He smiled back at me and kissed me again. After pulling away, he got up and took my hand.

"Come on. Let's go." We went back to his car and left the park. Ten minutes later, Josh pulled up at his house. We exit the car and went inside.

"Where are your mother and sister?" I ask as we entered the living room.

"My mom went to visit one of her sisters out of town and took Jillian with her." He explained.

"Okay. So why didn't you go as well?" I ask curiously.

"I told Mom I had something else planned for today." Josh said spinning around to face me, placing his hands on my waist.

"Awww...did Josh get out of a trip just to spend time with me?" I teased.

Josh used his hand to rub the back of his neck and I saw that his cheeks were slightly red. "Uh...it's not really like that." He answered sheepishly.

"You're so sweet and cute!" I said pinching his cheeks, ignoring his obvious attempt at an excuse. He swatted my hands away and I chuckled.

"I'm not cute." He said scowling at me. "You don't call a boy cute."

"Whatever you say, Joshy boy." I replied rolling my eyes. What was it with boys and their ego? I pulled away from his hold and walked towards the couch. Before I could take another step, I felt arms wrap around my waist again and I was being lifted in the air. I let out a small shriek as Josh flung me over his shoulders.

"Put me down." I laughed as I pounded on his back.

"If you say so, my little Cupcake." He chuckled as he walked over to the couch. I continued to pound on his back, but it was no use. When he reached the couch, he finally let me down and I landed on the couch with a huff. Before he could get away, I quickly grab his hands and pulled him down as well so he was over me.

"That's how you want to play it?" He asked grinning at me, his blue eyes sparkling with laughter. He shifted a little so that his weight was not completely on me, then bring his head closer to mine and kissed me gently. He then pulled apart and rest his forehead on mine.

"I love you." He whispered quietly and I froze. Did I just hear correctly? Josh jumped up instantly, suddenly realizing what he had just said. I looked up at him wide eyed as he rubbed the back of his neck once again.

"W-what did you just say?" I asked quietly. I wanted to make sure I heard him correctly.

"I said that I love you." He repeated looking at the ground as if it was the most interesting thing in the world. I wanted to jump in joy, but I didn't. I can't believe Josh actually loves me. I realized that I love him, but I was scared to tell him because I didn't know if he felt the same and I didn't want to scare him off. Finding out that he loves me too, was so overwhelming that I felt my heart swell with happiness.

"I'm sorry I sprung that on you. Please don't freak out." He said quietly. I instantly got up from the couch and flung myself at him. I looped my arms around his neck and kissed him deeply. I poured everything out in this kiss to let him know that I felt the same way.

I pulled back from him and whispered against his lips. "I love you too, Joshua Taylor."

"You do?" He asked and I nodded. A big smile broke out on his face - the one that I love so much. He bended his head and kissed me again. I opened my mouth to him and his tongue entered my mouth and I moaned. He put his hands on my waist and pulled me closer. He removed his lips from mine and began trailing light kisses on my neck which got my knees weak. He returned to my lips and took control once again. He rubbed his thumbs lightly on my exposed skin and my breathing came out short and laboured.

The ringing of Josh's phone broke us apart and Josh curse under his breath. He grabbed his phone from his pocket and answered it. I went back to sit on the couch as he took the call. After a while, Josh hang up and walked back to where I was.

"That was Ryder. He said that Kyle Drummond is having a party tonight and he invited the guys and I." He sat beside me and took my hands in his. "I know parties are not your thing, so I'm not going. I want to stay here with you."

I shook my head. "No, you can go and I would like to go too. Even though it's such a short notice."

He looked at me and grinned. "Yeah, it is, but if you really don't want to..."

"No, it's fine. I would love to go." I said smiling brightly.

"Great. Let me take you home and I will pick you up at 7pm." He said standing up and pulling me with him.

When Josh left me at home, I called my friends and invited them. They accepted and said that they were coming over my house to get ready. Fifteen minutes later, the girls reached and we got ready. We did each other's hair and make up and then we got dressed.

By the time we were ready, it was 6:45pm. We stood and looked in my floor length mirror and grinned. We look hot. Stacy was wearing a black knee length dress that clung to her curves. She matched it with red heels and she had straightened her hair. Sam was wearing a black tight skirt, red tank top with her black leather jacket over it and I was wearing a black high-waist shorts with a blue tank top and blue heels. Because we were in the middle of November, the night was slightly chilly so I decided to wear my black jacket as well.

The boys will be here in a while, so we decided to wait for them downstairs. Josh had told me earlier that he and Ashton will both be driving and they will pick us up. A short while later, the doorbell rings and we all got up and went to the front door.

It was party time and I was planning on having the time of my life!

****************************
A/N: Hey chicas! I'm back with another update. I'm hoping to finish this story soon. Can you believe I'm writing this story for three years now? Wow! I really need to finish it.

Anyway, I hope you like this chapter. I know I did ;)

Please, please vote and comment. Love you guys to pieces. Thank you so much for 300 reads!

Stay sweet!!

~Alecia