Chapter 29: Another Encounter

Another Encounter

I scoffed. "What do you want, Erica?" I asked, not really interested in what she had to say.

"You really think he will stick with you? He will soon dump your sorry ass because you are nothing more than a loser." She said wrinkling her nose in disgust. Just as I was about to say something, a voice cut in.

"What is going on here?" I turned around to see Josh looking at Erica, folding his arms across his chest.

"Oh, hey babe. Just giving Alexandra here a heads up." She said batting her eyelashes at him. I couldn't help but roll my eyes at her behaviour. Desperate much!

"Firstly, I'm not your babe so don't call me that and second, I heard what you were telling her and you are way out of line, Erica." He said walking up to us.

"You're in denial. That's okay, you will leave this bitch eventually and come back to me." She said and I seriously wanted to slap this bitch.

"Don't call her that." Josh said.

"Whatever Josh. See you around." She said blowing him a kiss before she walked away. Josh turned to me and took my hand in his own.

"You know I would never do that to you right?" He asked and I nodded.

"Of course, Josh. Erica just desperately needs attention." I said interlacing his fingers with mine. He chuckled at my response and looked at me. I saw the adoration and sincerity in his eyes and I smiled at him.

"Come on, Cupcake. Let me take you home."

*~*~*

My friends and I were sitting in English class talking and joking around. Mrs. Parker was not here today and we had a substitute teacher that gave us something to do and told us that when we were finished we could do anything we wanted.

Today was Friday in the first week of November and it was also two weeks since my run in with Erica and I have never heard from her since. I haven't heard anything from Troy either and I was glad for that. We have passed him in the hallway a couple of times and he would glare at us, but he had never said anything or even made a move to approach us.

Surprisingly, English class ended quick. Probably because we were having so much fun. As they say; time flies when you're having fun. I was heading to Art class when I ran into someone. I almost tumbled to the floor, but the person put his hand around my waist to steady me. looking up, I saw that it was Hunter Simms. Hunter is in my art class, but we have never spoken before.

"Sorry." I said as soon as I was steady on my feet again.

"No problem. Alexandra right?" He asked and I nodded in confirmation. Realizing that his hands were still on my waist, I stepped away from his grasp.

"Okay. I better get to class." I said and turned away from him. He turned as well and run to catch up with me.

"We can walk together. After all, we are going to the same class." He said smiling at me. I didn't say anything, I just nodded. We finally reached art class and we went to our assigned seats. Art was an optional class, but I chose it because I love art. I love being creative and watch as things that I've created or drew come alive.

We were now in the process of painting a picture. I got out my paint, paint brushes, pencils and everything else that I would need and began my work.

*~*~*

Lunch passed by quickly and Josh, Ashton and I walked to Science class. We went inside the classroom and Josh sat beside me at the back. Ashton sat on his other side. Josh and Ashton were discussing something, while I take out my science book. The teacher entered the class just then and gave us some questions to answer and sat at her desk to mark papers.